• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

HOT!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Faster horses

Reaction score
NE WY at the foot of the Big Horn mountains
It is really hot here at the foot of the Big Horn mountains!!!!!! I checked and Eager AZ is cooler than we are!!!! Both day and night!!!
Don't like this heat, but it's good haying weather....if you don't break down. :( Of course our breakdowns come on Saturday and the
dealership in town doesn't have the part. So we made a parts run to Billings, picked up some parts for them while we were there.
On the way home, we saw a long, long coal train. 2 engines pulling, 2 pushing. Haven't seen that in awhile. Thank you Trump for allowing us to use our natural resources as the Lord intended.

I did manage to get a couple of pictures with my phone, not good ones, but what the heck. I'll share them:
I think I wish I had gotten a more expensive camera so the pictures would be better quality.
I'm glad we can post pictures on here again!!

Belt that runs the net wrap broke on one of the balers. Should have had one on hand, but nope.

Radiator hose on rake tractor here today. Net roller and hydraulic leak yesterday. We are darn lucky to have a Sunday parts man. We try not to abuse that privelege. We have ten to twenty of those trains thru here daily, FH, but I'm sure being east of Wyoming has a lot to do with that.

Add no lights on one rake tractor, cab power issues on square baler tractor, and a busted shaft on the round baler. Just a fun evening...

It was hot today then Hail hit, what a mess, every roof in the yard is beat, windshields smashed, trucks dented up. Had bulls break out and don't know where half of them are. Some dry cows broke out some on hiway. Never seen water run through our yard like tonight,rivers everywhere, the hills look washed.
Guess we are calling insurance agent in the morning. Just about everything sitting outside is damaged.

Big Muddy rancher said:
It was hot today then Hail hit, what a mess, every roof in the yard is beat, windshields smashed, trucks dented up. Had bulls break out and don't know where half of them are. Some dry cows broke out some on hiway. Never seen water run through our yard like tonight,rivers everywhere, the hills look washed.
Guess we are calling insurance agent in the morning. Just about everything sitting outside is damaged.

Oh, Big Muddy, SO SORRY! :cry2: That makes our whining look pitiful in comparison. :(
Hope you find your bulls and cows. If we were closer, we would help.

Holy Crap Big Muddy....if there's anything that i can do from here....

and i thought i was having a bad night with both dog's getting skunked and the coyotes real close in my calving pasture

Big Muddy rancher said:
Gee BMR, can only imagine how hard that would be on your grass. sorry for your luck.

Big Muddy rancher said:
Sorry to hear that. Happened recently to some friends. They found lots of dead fawns and birds, cattle sore and went through fences, just bad.

We had 7 pair in a catch behind the house, late calver ect, one calf washed through the fence out in front of Dad's house spitting up hail stones. Got it to the barn ready to go back to momma this morning. Found the saddle horses 4 fences away in the neighbors headed for Montana, to foggy yet to find bulls.

Big Muddy rancher said:

Sorry to hear that, Big Muddy. Sounds terrible, which it is. Sure feel for you, as we know what kind of hardship this presents. We had a similar experience back on July 25th, 2001. Our black cattle were brindle colored after that deal, from blood streaks down their backs.

Sorry to hear BMR. That is a tough deal. We had hail on the weekend (golf ball), but it was fairly soft. Hope things turn out and the insurance guys are reasonable...

Big Muddy rancher said:

Just looked at Carla F's pictures! Sorry to see and hear of you and your neighbor's damage. It's not fun cleaning up this kind of mess nor dealing with 'some' adjusters.

Latest posts