• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

hot

Help Support Ranchers.net:

jodywy

Reaction score
Last 3 days been hot and windy haven't hit triple digits but have to put up with Leaning H's Toole Smoke. Today so far 60s and 50% humidity with some mist that like a heavy dew is all we are getting from the Monsoonal moisture.

Last edited:
No moisture here but the cloud cover has keep it from being hot. Actually cool today.
Daughter went home to Moorcroft yesterday and had to slow down to keep from hydroplaning, there was so much water on I-90. We didn't get a drop.

Going to start haying tomorrow while the dryland hay is still green.

No moisture here but the cloud cover has keep it from being hot. Actually cool today.
Daughter went home to Moorcroft yesterday and had to slow down to keep from hydroplaning, there was so much water on I-90. We didn't get a drop.

Going to start haying tomorrow while the dryland hay is still green.
that storm was just south of us yesterday, we got some sprinkle's this afternoon.

I don't understand this rain y'all keep talking about???? Describe it for me please
What happens is water falls from the sky. It comes out of clouds. Do you know what clouds are? A nice slow easy rain is best but it takes longer to get as much as you want that way. A hard thunder shower with big drops will add up fast but it beats the snot out of every thing. Personally I look at it as irrigation from God. And I have been really blessed this year.

The rain has left us with none foreseen for 10 days. The mid to high 90s are predicted today through the weekend and triple digits next week. The record-breaking rains sure helped range and pasture grass that is now drying rapidly and posing fire danger. This desert country is changing back to desert much faster than it became green. It looks like July through fall will be hot and dry.

We got some rain finally. It came in the form of thunderstorm and hail. Yes, hail. Not big hail but lots of it. Didn't hurt the hay (we have grass hay and hail doesn't damage it as badly as alfalfa) but it sure got some of my flowers. But I will live to replant them again. Honestly, it looked like snow on the ground and didn't melt until the next day. It probably did more good than harm.

Latest posts