• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

House fire Update:

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Manitoba_Rancher

Reaction score
Thought I would give everyone an update on our house fire. Finding out now that insurance companies like to take the premiums but dont like to pay any money out. Doesnt look like we will be able to rebuild with the lack of insurance we had. Might be able to get enough to replace some of our clothes that we lost and some of the other things we lost. I still wake up at night and cant sleep because I am worried about what has happened. I still thank god no one was hurt or killed in the fire. Were having lots of problems trying to reestablish our farm records. Hard to even know where to start.

MR, did you post your mailing address on this site at one time? If so, would you post it again? We would like to send something to help. If you don't want to post it, would you e-mail me a PM with your mailing address?

We have Farm Bureau Insurance, have never had a fire, but they have paid us so well with every other claim we have had that I would not expect a problem on a larger claim. We had an instance in Wyoming where they wouldn't have had to do anything, and they really came foreward and helped out. We have had that insurance for decades as a result. Sorry about your insurance.

Can you take your policy to an attorney to see if the insurance company is telling it to you straight? Or at least have another insurance agent go over the policy with you. I think I would~can't be too careful~

We ve never had a problem with this insurance company before either, we just didnt have very much insurance on our home and our possessions. Every year when those insurance reminders come in to check out your coverage be sure to read the small print and make sure you know what your coverage is. I thought we had more but we didnt.

Our address is :

Chris Coulson
Box 181
Oak River Manitoba Canada
R0K 1T0

Warning - - "Uninsured Motorist" insurance is not worth the Paper it is written on - - I was in a Hit and Run by a Pick-up witnesses say was doing about 90 - - Uninsured Motorist FINE Print says that YOU MUST BE ABLE to PROVE that it was an UNINSURED MOTORIST and in a Hit & Run I could not Prove That

V_Key said:
Warning - - "Uninsured Motorist" insurance is not worth the Paper it is written on - - I was in a Hit and Run by a Pick-up witnesses say was doing about 90 - - Uninsured Motorist FINE Print says that YOU MUST BE ABLE to PROVE that it was an UNINSURED MOTORIST and in a Hit & Run I could not Prove That

Insurance and Health care compaines are out to save and make any dollar they can. they do not care about peoples needs...

One other thing to remember when checking your insurance policies-- Make sure you have replacement value on contents...Most insurances will pay replacement value or insured value on structures but not contents...So if your house burns and you have to replace everything, they will only pay you a depreciated price on your contents depending upon age....You usually end up getting about a dime on a dollar.... But you still need the dollar to replace them...

mr--
i don't have much to offer, but i would offer my 16-yr old, 6'3" boy who doesn't have a job at this point, to come up and help with the physical labor. he's conditioning for football so we could call it "conditioning" right? plus, he'll be too tired to get into trouble... :D

seriously--it's a thought. you PM me back...and if you want to keep him til he's done with college, that's ok, too, but i might have to charge you some kind of finder's fee. that's negotiable, BTW...

i AM serious. it'd be great for him, and good for you maybe. he's a worker, not a slacker..

Latest posts