• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

House pictures

Help Support Ranchers.net:

TXTibbs

Reaction score
South Central Texas, former South Dakotan
Ok here are the pics of my house that a couple of you wanted to see...

P1010035.jpg

Ignore the mess!!!

P1010032.jpg

Don't look to close...you might see some dust!

P1010031.jpg

Grampa's old saddle

P1010022.jpg

Thinking chair! My gramma's old rocking chair.

P1010024.jpg

Just some crap on the wall.

P1010026.jpg

bottles

P1010025.jpg

more bottles!

P1010027.jpg

More and more bottles!

P1010033.jpg

Little of everything stuck there!

P1010034.jpg

More of everything!

P1010023.jpg

Grampa's old rope!

P1010039.jpg

Gramma's piano and stuff.

P1010040.jpg

Book Shelf Great-grandpa built out of old toy box crates in Minnesota.

I would have swore you was a male, but by the looks of things, you must be one of them fussy bachelors! :lol: That place looks like a woman is keeping things cleaned up.

Neat, clean stuff! What make is your Grampa's saddle?

Sure like the way you got everything decorated. My house is similar, but most of the stuff is waaaayyyyy more scattered around!The little woman claims I'm a packrat! :shock: :lol:

One thing about my house, it's easy to find things if you know where to look! :lol:

Brad S said:
Nice digs haymaker, you must be seriously henpecked as no Texican needs such a nice bunkhouse.

Um...i'm not Hay Maker.

And Jingle bob..i've only lived there for 10 months, so i haven't had time to make a mess of it yet! :lol: :wink: And i'm not sure of the make of the saddle....it is so warn hard to read. It is old tho.

Mess???? what mess??? I love the pix, TXTibbs!! How nice to see someone keep things from family (the rocking chair, the rope, the saddle and some of the old pix i saw in your cabinets)!!! I liked the sight of the water bottles on the coffee table....WOW!! a cowboy who drinks something besides beer or coffee (not necessarily in that order, either) :wink: Could not help but notice the old south dakota license plate!! :D Also noticed that you have a framed cover of an old LIFE magazine....is there a story behind this??

I agree. No mess there. Just someone who enjoys his memories. I saw the piano. Would like to see your fiddle, if you don't mind.

Sierraman said:
Is that SD license plate one of your previous ones?

Yes, its the one I took off my Grandpa's old 1988 Ford pick-up that I moved to Texas in 3 years ago.

My piano is old..prolly 100+ years, but my violin Sierraman really isn't anything to brag about.....its not old or worth much at all. Especially now with a string broke :wink: . It was just a cheap one I picked up somewhere to practice on....then broke the string and haven't touched it since...haha

ranchwife said:
Mess???? what mess??? I love the pix, TXTibbs!! How nice to see someone keep things from family (the rocking chair, the rope, the saddle and some of the old pix i saw in your cabinets)!!! I liked the sight of the water bottles on the coffee table....WOW!! a cowboy who drinks something besides beer or coffee (not necessarily in that order, either) :wink: Could not help but notice the old south dakota license plate!! :D Also noticed that you have a framed cover of an old LIFE magazine....is there a story behind this??

The life magazine has Casey Tibbs on the cover....he was my Great-Uncle, so sorta a family artifact :wink:

Is that a fossil collection or minerals in the box on the floor by your great-grandfather's bookcase?

Interesting bottles and especially those canning jars. How far back is the oldest do you think.
Looks like you're a choco-holic, too. Here I took you for just a Tang man.

A very interesting house. If you described all the history it is holding to us it would probably take some hours for the whole tour.

nr said:
Is that a fossil collection or minerals in the box on the floor by your great-grandfather's bookcase?

Interesting bottles and especially those canning jars. How far back is the oldest do you think.
Looks like you're a choco-holic, too. Here I took you for just a Tang man.

A very interesting house. If you described all the history it is holding to us it would probably take some hours for the whole tour.

The box on the floor is full of bits and pieces of dinosaur bones. The cocoa cans are the old tin cans. Some I got from home and others just picked up here and there. I'm old enough that I can remember using the old tin cans tho. Wasn't to far back...in the 80's. The canning jars mostly got them from my Gramma or found them around old homesteads up home. Found a lot of the bottles the same way. I dunno how old any of them are....40...50...60...70 years maybe i dunno??? I just like em..

Those are some nice pictures TX TIBBS, is that a picture of Rooster Cogburn hanging on the wall?Those John Wayne paintings are getting pretty collectable,you definetly have a nice place.............good luck

i forgot to mention earlier "thanks for the trip down memory lane" with the old GLASS coke bottles!!!! Wow...memories...memories of me as a small girl in tioga going to the local gas station and buying a coke out of a small "vending" machine and getting a small glass bottle....mmmmmmm!!! Thanks, Tx!!!! :D

Cool cool pics Tibbs,
And dust? I didn't see any, but even if I did..."this is texas!!! Dust is Decor here" Lookin thru your pics almost like lookin at my own stuff,
Premium Cracker Tin , Pilsbury Dough Boy, Aunt Jemima syrup bottle, But I was wonderin...Where's you old Levi Garrett Snuff bottles...out of all those nifty bottles I didnt see any.
And if you call that a mess..you can come "mess my house up" anytime. hehe

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
But I was wonderin...Where's you old Levi Garrett Snuff bottles...out of all those nifty bottles I didnt see any.

I guess i'm to young...i have no idea what your talking about? Levi Garrett Snuff Bottles??? I know what Levi Garrett is....haha...actually know a real person named that, but anyway I didn't realize it came in bottles. I have some Prince Albert in a Can and some other Tobaco cans.

Do you have a picture of one of these Levi Garrett bottles?

Ok scratch that last question cause i just looked them up...NO i dont have any..I want one!!!

I just looked.....for $7.99 I can have one off of EBAY... :lol: :p :shock:

if yer real nice n post me your address in a Private message I'll send ya a couple..got plenty round here I can spare...
Also it usta come in snuff glasses...with a tin lid. I do have some of those too somewhere..just the glass no lid...my grandad usta dip levi garrett and we as kids always drank milk outta snuff glasses.

Very nice digs and very clean....
Hey ummm did I see a lil teddy bear on the top part of your unit?

Very nice place, I'm impressed. Showed the pics to my wife, and she likes too.
PS; yer not using those leghole traps are you? The tree huggers will be all over you. :wink:
PPS Nice mule deer, you don't have those in Texas do you?

Jessie said:
Very nice digs and very clean....
Hey ummm did I see a lil teddy bear on the top part of your unit?

haha...yeah...actually you did....the Teddy bear was a gift from a family friend when I was born....so its sorta OLD...like I'm getting to be.....I just stuck him up there like a day before i took the pics......maybe i should take the little bugger down.....I gotta keep him up high or the dogs thing they need to tear him up!!!!!!

Call me old fashioned....but um....what the heck is a "dig"....your the second one to mention that :!: :???: :???:

Latest posts