• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

house smells goob

Help Support Ranchers.net:

jodywy

Reaction score
House smell good, by the time we got done with everything last night it was too late to roast the lamb shoulder I had gotten out yesterday morning. So took Sue to Rocky Mountain Seafood for dinner. When we got home Sue browned the roast seasoned it with some rosemary and garlic and put it in the crock pot, when I went to bed I added a can of chicken broth. This morning took the roast out and let it cool and put another can of broth in the pot, added 2/3 cup of each red, green and brown lentils , some carrot, onion, garlic cinnamon salt and pepper and the meat pulled all apart.

Never had lamb other than some cheap grocery store chops that tasted like wool.

Denny said:
Never had lamb other than some cheap grocery store chops that tasted like wool.

Oh, Denny, lamb is fine fare when butchered correctly and
cooked properly. We lived near Buffalo, Wyoming where there are
lots of Basque people and they know HOW to cook lamb.
It can be delicious!

I have a hunch jody can cook it superbly!

jodywy said:
House smell good, by the time we got done with everything last night it was too late to roast the lamb shoulder I had gotten out yesterday morning. So took Sue to Rocky Mountain Seafood for dinner. When we got home Sue browned the roast seasoned it with some rosemary and garlic and put it in the crock pot, when I went to bed I added a can of chicken broth. This morning took the roast out and let it cool and put another can of broth in the pot, added 2/3 cup of each red, green and brown lentils , some carrot, onion, garlic cinnamon salt and pepper and the meat pulled all apart.

That sounds divine Jody ! :D My tatse buds are ready to sample just from reading this.

I made prime rib yesterday ,even did a mire poix for it . Alot of work for dinner just for 2 people ,but it was nice to sit at the table, visit and enjoy a great meal with a nice bottle of veno .. Don't get to do that too often around here .

I agree with FH, love lamb , especially farm fresh lamb . :nod:

You need to share your delicious lamb recipes on the recipe board over at cattle today. Alot of folks don't like lamb because it hasn't been prepared properly. I am sure your tips and recipes would change their way of thinking . :wink:

Latest posts