• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Houston

Help Support Ranchers.net:

the_jersey_lilly_2000

Reaction score
2006-03-01-021-view-1.jpg

Gonna give ya'll a panaramic view of Houston show.

2006-03-01-064-view-4.jpg

2006-03-01-063-view-3.jpg

2006-03-01-062-view-2.jpg

2006-03-01-065-view-5.jpg

2006-03-01-022-prizes.jpg

Over $200,000 in prizes were given out!!!

2006-03-01-048-superintenda.jpg

Our school superintendant came down, to see all the kids projects.

2006-03-02-004-feeder-group.jpg

Amanda and the group that built the feeder, got 1st in their Class..whoohoooooo!!!

2006-03-02-003-group-prizes.jpg

Gatherin up the Loot!!!

2006-03-01-053-cowboy-burri.jpg

The Cowboy Burrito, wow was it ever good!!!!

2006-03-02-006-gittin-outta.jpg

Gittin outta town....I hate traffic!!!

2006-03-01-011-good-to-be-h.jpg

So good to see the sunset at home....

Nice pics, 'specially the last one.

Flew into Huston about a year ago. Looked like waaaayyyyy to many people live there, for me to be comfertable! :?

I enjoyed the shows and the kids more than I can say, but the traffic and the people I could do without, there's no way I'd ever live in a place like that, I can't see how folks that do it, call it "livin".

Good pictures Lilly and I'm sure impressed with the things those kids have built and their workmanship. I think it's really good to them off to a good start working and building something useful. Keeps them busy and hopfully out of trouble like some I saw one night down in Houston.

I hauled some loads in and out of Houston and it looked huge to me. Got sent in there in the middle of the night one time and the place I was to deliver a load to was closed. Lots of times I would get sent in to the cities at night to avoid heavy traffic. A couple of blocks up the street there were a bunch of guys on a corner and lots of people coming and going. Pulled in to the place I was supposed to go then had to contact the company and see what they wanted to do with the load. Had to wait a couple of hours while they decided what to do. There were people walking and driving back and forth steadily up to that corner. I was nervous about sitting there cause I had a hunch about what was going on. Finally got the word to take it somewhere else but I had to get out and look several times when I backed out because it was poorly lighted and a difficult place to get in and out of. A fellow walked up to me, looked me over and I asked him what was going on up the street and he said they were dealing drugs. He said there was a halfway house for people getting out of prison down the street. Truckers usually carry quite a bit of money for one reason or another so I was especialy nervous about being there. Besides carrying quite a bit of money for traveling expenses I think its suspected they are probably armed and could be dangerous. I've got a feeling that's what kept me from getting robbed that night.

Yup,that,s Houston alright ,cant say I miss it,looks like you and the kids did well,thanks for taking the time to post the pictures,bout the closest Ill get ta Houston is this computer screen..............good luck

Our hat is off to you and those kids, Jersey Lilly. You all have done a fine, fine job!!

We were in Houston once. We got a cheap fare internet ticket to vist Tom Wagoner in Texas. It was interesting. We flew to Minneapolis. Then to Salt Lake City, then to Houston and then to Lubbock, Texas. We were late getting out of Salt Lake so we missed the flight out of Houston and had to stay over. It was February and humid as all get out.

Not for us either, thank you.

And along with that, my husband calls airplanes, "Glorified Culverts".
He doesn't like 'em much. :wink:

Thanks for the pix,Lilly. A big congrats to all the kids-no matter where they placed or if they did. YOu, know there are not alot of kids that would work on projects like this or even schools that offer the ffa anymore. We are basically in a rural community between a couple of good sized towns and we have fought for vo ag and no go. Thanks to the parents and instuctors also. Have a great year!

Latest posts