• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

How are your doggies today??

Help Support Ranchers.net:

All five of mine are just fine - getting fat and sassy. The newest addition, a Catahoula was only a few pounds 8 months ago and could fit in the palm of your hand. She is now 70 pounds and can take down my Australian Shepard and Sheltie mix easily. Sure hope she stops growing soon. Still believes she is a lap dog and my lap is slowly disappearing due to the receipes posted in Coffee House.

tell me about your catahoula! a really good friend of mine (who used to drive a bull rack) had one--she was a sweet heart (both the dog and my friend :D ), but i don't know how good she was with cattle.

from what little i've seen, they seem like they'd be good at working bulls, they have a different style of working cattle than the aussies, right? they are nice LOOKING dogs, but pretty is only skin deep-ugly goes to the bone.

i tend to like those short haired, hard-coated dogs in general--they're easier to clean up and find wounds on.....

Casa Paloma said:
All five of mine are just fine - getting fat and sassy. The newest addition, a Catahoula was only a few pounds 8 months ago and could fit in the palm of your hand. She is now 70 pounds and can take down my Australian Shepard and Sheltie mix easily. Sure hope she stops growing soon. Still believes she is a lap dog and my lap is slowly disappearing due to the receipes posted in Coffee House.

WOW! What an avatar!!! LMBO!!!!! (Need it with all these yummy recipes, too)

She is a great pup. Doesn't know fear and certainly loves to work cattle (my neighbor can attest to that). When she sneaks away from the house she heads across the fields to my neighbor's and will move his bulls from one side of the field to the other. I went looking for her the other day and found my neighbor sitting on the ground, leaning against a fence post and laughing. He told me that he had never had so much fun watching his contankerous old bulls get herded. She is quick and agile and is a definite header. Just needs some training. They are good dogs.

Good Morning Everyone!

Holly the Corgi is doing great---spoiled as ever. She has found some new friends in the bum calves (can you believe we have had 7 sets of twins--we haven't calved over a 100 cows out yet!) she plays with them and likes licking them. I swear that dog thinks she's bovine rather than canine--

She also had a hey day at the nephews Easter Egg hunt. I don't know who found more eggs the 5 nephews or Holly--if we only got all the candy and money that was in those little eggs!!!! We just had Holly rehide them for the boys to find again!

Otherwise all is well on the dog front-it looks like moisture is moving through the Dakotas, Montana and Wyo (and S. Central SK for BMR)--I hope you all get a little rain---

Speaking of the Canadians-Murgen and BMR, isn't about time for an updated picture of your doggies??? I need to get one posted too--have to get a cute picture of Holly and her calves-

Take care everyone and have a great day!

TTB

Easter one year-we searched and searched but couldn't find 2 of the eggs, soon to find out that our Iceland Shepherd/Kelpie Cross LOVES hard boiled eggs lol :eek:

Latest posts