• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

How 'bout those Rockies!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Turkey Track Bar

Reaction score
I am guessing I must be the only baseball fan on the forum since there hasn't been any talk of the Rockies exciting win Monday night in 13 innings to take them to the National League playoffs.

I really enjoy this team because they are good guys who are fighters...blue collar type fellas. A couple even have rural/ag backgrounds.

I'll be cheering them along this week! I just wish I could get 85-KOA on the radio up here during the day so I could listen to their game call.

GO ROCKIES!

Cheers---

TTB :wink:

I used to listen to the Rockies on 1150 KIMM out of Rapid City back when they were the Blake Street Bombers. KIMM quit carrying the games and I guess I have lost touch with them but I am glad to see them in the playoffs.

Doug....

If you can find the Rockies on the radio back down your way, you should give them a listen. I can get them over computer, but it costs $16 for the radio broadcast :mad: It used to be that I could get them over the computer from 85-KOA for free. I guess nothing is free anymore.

Everything up here is Twins!

The Rockies won in what I would consider a very convincing fashion this afternoon (I watched the play by play over the internet when I got a chance.) That means they'll at least get to play two games in Denver, which might be the team's downfall, but the fans will at least get to enjoy the trip too!

Cheers---

try network one sports or yahoo sports.. they have a lot of games to search through

Oooooh no, you are not the only baseball fan on here! It just so happens that my team went down in flames early in the season. I like the Rockies and I also like their chances to go a long way in the playoffs. They are one powerful team. Right now, they are unstoppable.

BUT, I pick Cleveland to win it all this year. They can pitch and, like the Yankees found out last night, those Indians are a tough lineup of bonafide hitters. Just watch that 40 yr. old Kenny Lofton - he finds a way to get on and get home..

I think a Cleveland/Rockies series matchup would be about as entertaining as it gets.

As for the Yankees, the sooner they die and dissappear the better. $25,000,000 Arod - what a choker. Steinbrenner, eat your heart out.

Northern Rancher said:
There's another team in Denver besides the Avs-who'd a thunk it lol. I'll be cheering for Larry Walker's old team for sure.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

NR....

For years, that sentence would have read, "There's another team in Denver besides the Broncos-who'd a thunk it"

I am very happy to see the Rockies do so well. The most impressive thing to me is they aren't a bunch of guys making millions for every game they play. They play hard, and have now won a game or two off of hard work, grit, and hitting singles and doubles and having smart base running, good fielding and pitching. It seems for most teams, if they can't hit home runs they don't show up!

I can't imagine how a professional ball player can have such dumb base running as the D-Backs did. I think if I were their manager, there'd be a little base running 101 going on after the game.

I hope Cleveland pulls it out over the Red Sox.

And, I hope the Broncos can figure out how to win again too!

Cheers---

Well who'da thunk it? I figured Boston would be tough, but I sure didn't see them as unbeatable. Their lineup just keeps coming at you with no weak spots.

Their veteran pitching staff was probably the difference in this series. Beckett is just filthy and Schilling has a ton of experience.

Yea I was pulling for the Rockies . At least to win one game. Was out for supper last night and saw the Luthern pastor. I asked him if he could say a prayer for the Rockies but he had a bet on the Red Sox. Well a Root beer. :roll:

Latest posts