• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

How can this happen? The border opened.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Big Muddy rancher

Reaction score
The Fed Market Roars
The industry was reminded last week of just how fast and volatile the market can be; this time, in a good way. On Wednesday, fed cattle were trading $2-$4 higher than the previous week; $85-$88 in the Northern Plains, and $86-$87 (a few at $87.50) in the Southern Plains. That was on top of a $2-$3 jump the prior week. So, inside of about 10 days, as much as $7 higher.

Maybe it was packer buyers finally getting caught short. Maybe there was some emotional premium surrounding rumors that Japan would finally make an announcement about when it would resume importing U.S. beef. Whatever the reasons, the steamy week gave feeders a chance to get closer to nose-bleed seat break-evens, and plenty of incentive to move show lists.

from Beef Stocker trends.

R-CULT is too arrogant to ever admit that they don't have a clue what affects cattle markets.

How can anything be more obvious to prove the ignorance of R-CULT on the impact of Canadian imports than current U.S. cattle markets with an opened Canadian border?

I can't believe anyone even listens to them.

~SH~

~SH~ said:
R-CULT is too arrogant to ever admit that they don't have a clue what affects cattle markets.

How can anything be more obvious to prove the ignorance of R-CULT on the impact of Canadian imports than current U.S. cattle markets with an opened Canadian border?

~SH~

SH, If you have to continue to use your own derrogatory opinionated descriptions of groups that opose you, I can do the same. In every answer shall I say "packer cult?" I have measured my application of derrogatory terms to you and your opinions as I believe this goes directly into the "doggie brain". Yes, that is a little psycho analysis. When people go into the doggie brain, all reasoning is lost.

Maybe it is best that you should stay there alone. Maybe Agman will joing you and you can start running in a pack.

What's your point Randy?

Are you saying you cannot ship fat cattle to U.S. plants?

poor, poor Randy!

~SH~

rkaiser said:
What's even more amazing is that fat prices in Canada are around that same 86 cents in
CANADIAN DOLLARS

Let's find a way to BLAME Rcalf for that one hey SH.

Randy with the higher value of our dollar and the wider basis due to fuel and added regulations maybe our price will mirror the US price closer then when we had a $.65 and smaller Basis.

Econ101 said:
~SH~ said:

~SH~

SH, If you have to continue to use your own derrogatory opinionated descriptions of groups that opose you, I can do the same. In every answer shall I say "packer cult?" I have measured my application of derrogatory terms to you and your opinions as I believe this goes directly into the "doggie brain". Yes, that is a little psycho analysis. When people go into the doggie brain, all reasoning is lost.

Maybe it is best that you should stay there alone. Maybe Agman will joing you and you can start running in a pack.

All that free advice from someone so is paranoid or full of himself he actually tries to convince others his phone is tapped!! Give the world a break from your tenured life.

AGMAN: All that free advice from someone so is paranoid or full of himself ...

What an incredible sentence. First, it is not worded correctly. Second, a pot calling a kettle black. :roll: :wink: :shock:

agman said:
Econ101 said:
~SH~ said:

~SH~

All that free advice from someone so is paranoid or full of himself he actually tries to convince others his phone is tapped!! Give the world a break from your tenured life.

Agman, good to see you in the pack. It does not take much to knock down your arguments, you continually get the questions wrong. When you are not winning the argument, you change the question.

I am not trying to convince anyone anything about my phones. After I posted that message on the board and then drove down to where the phone lines converge and gave the "phone man" working on the phones the evil eye, I haven't had any more problems with my phone. I am glad it worked and with just a few comments from you on this board, it was worth it.

I am not going to say he was a Martian, though, as that is going way too far. I am not sure he knows morse code as you suggest.

Kindergarten: "Agman, good to see you in the pack. It does not take much to knock down your arguments, you continually get the questions wrong. When you are not winning the argument, you change the question."

Could you point out where you knocked down anyone's arguments?

I must have missed it.

To the contrary, it is you that keeps staggering back into the bar to take another beating. I guess when nobody knows who you are there is no shame in portraying your ignorance over and over.

Glad you figured out your phone wasn't tapped. Now for the rest of your conspiracy theories............

~SH~

SH, "Glad you figured out your phone wasn't tapped. Now for the rest of your conspiracy theories............"

Seems you have your own conspiracy theories, SH. Did you forget you wrote this; "It's nothing more than a bullsh*t packer blaming conspiracy theory".

Latest posts