• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

How many American plants..........

Help Support Ranchers.net:

rkaiser

Reaction score
How many American Plants have closed their doors due to the border issues?

Sure used to be a lot of talk about all the money that American plants were losing due to the Closed Border. Have they all switched to harvesting UTM cattle? Or was it distraction from the truth about the border. The truth that Rcalf truly has little or no influence on the border, and is simply being used in the media game to deflect attention from the real reason for the closed border.

Sound science - horse **** - Rcalf's legal action - horse ****. BSE has been an opportunity for Cargill and Tyson to take complete control of the packing industry in Canada. New legislation make exports from Canada a joke compared to the still excessive profits Cargill and Tyson receive from cattle killed in their Canadian plants and sent across the line in a box. Sure has given them leverage in Canada for low end product that America doesn't need though hasn't it. In fact, when you think of how quickly each of these two plants switched to killing cows for the domestic market, the whole picture is easy to see.

I ate a steak sandwich in a restaurant yesterday that I guarantee was from a cow -----and Canadians are eating lots of it. 30 cent D1 cow - 10 dollars steak sandwich. New plant proposals in Canada are not only struggling, but will never compete with the power Cargill and Tyson now wield. Canada is quickly turning into the Brasil of the north, and that has been the plan since the day that the OPPORTUNITY arose.

Last but not least, I would like to congratulate the blind followers of protectionism within the Rcalf hierarchy. Without you and your constant dense attitude about the border, Cargill and Tyson would have had a much harder time achieving their goals. Your constant media presence was exactly what Cargill and Tyson needed to divert the attention of consumers and producers alike. Sure has accomplished a rift between producers on both sides of the 49th as well.

Randy, one thing that one of the managers at Gencor foods said at the meeting when they were explaining how the system would work (we bought 24 hooks a year) stuck with me: "If you eat a steak dinner at a restaurant and pay less than about 18 bucks, it came from a cow"

Latest posts