• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

How many entries

Help Support Ranchers.net:

It's just now there is a contest on how fast you can get your entry in to make the first 10 entries, when is the earliest you can get your photos in for the next contest, etc. etc. :?

Ah, yeah, but everyone has the same chance.

It 's okay with me to change the number of entries. I was just thinking of cert, who has to post them all and keep track of everything. Plus, I do think we need a limit because too many entries will make it too hard to decide. I already can't make up my mind on 'cattle' catagory because they are so good.

I'm gonna run my own little private survey and see what to do. I have to be gone tomorrow, so check tomorrow night and find out if we are taking more than 10 entries. We didn't limit it to begin with, then someone thought we should limit it, etc., etc.

You can please all the people some of the time... :wink:

my opinion is to maybe allow more than 10 entries (there could be 2 polls & then a runoff between the winner of each) but only allow 1 entry per person for each category. not that it would happen, but if you don't limit the number per person, someone could send in 10 right away & be the first 10 in & no one else would even be able to enter. :cry:

Guess you are right about that, TX Tibbs. Maybe we should take another look at the rules. We did reserve the right to tweak as we go along. So far there really hasn't been a problem and it is supposed to be for FUN...
but we'll take a look and see what should be done.

We must remember that cert is doing this out of the goodness of her heart (and doing a swell job). We can't ask anyone to be a slave to this board, posting and reposting pictures, putting names with the pictures, etc. It is all time consuming for one person. So that enters into the equasion also; not that she has complained, she hasn't; but we want this to be fun for her as well.

All is fine on my end.

My only small problem is having to tell someone that their picture is #11 and they have to hold onto it till the next time around. Thant makes me feel bad. :cry:

But, I had many more photos than 10 for the cattle and struggled to get enough for the funniest.

If need be, I can run 2 polls from wednesday thru saturday. Accept entries for the next catagory like always starting saturday. Then run the "vote off" sunday and monday. List the next catagory, which I already have entries for, on wednesday and start all over again. If the limit of 10 entries is lifted, I'll wait till thursday morning to post any of them then split the entries to make the poll even. Hope ya'll understand that, I think I just confused myself :oops: :D

I have been thursday mornings and sunday mornings getting the polls posted and the results listed and I appologize, that is not what the rules state. But midnight mountain time is usually past my bedtime :wink:
Hope it is working out for everyone.

We have another problem for this week. No one knows what 'Character' means, including me.

So, perhaps we will change the catagory to 'funniest' since there were some that didn't get entered. Yep, that's what we will do.

LET THE FUN BEGIN.

Do you want to limit entries to 20, cert? or not limit them at all? It is up to YOU!

Stay tuned, everyone!

Latest posts