• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

How many gentlemen on here have forgotten their anniversary?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Shelly

Reaction score
I was just wondering if it's a guy thing. Today's our anniversary, and it's quite obvious the husband has forgotten. You'd think after 23 years, 18 of which we've been married, he'd remember! I think I'll just keep my mouth shut about it and hide the cards from my family, and see if anything comes to his mind about today. If not, it's going to be a very cold shoulder he'll be getting from me!

23 years is nothing to sneeze at, shelly and if this man of yours is worth his salt, he will realize what a prize he has in you!! In today's day and age of the "easy/quicky divorce", having a partner who will put up with all their little quirks and flaws is someone you want to cherish and honor....NOT forget!!!! From me and the rest of the Croy crew of ennis, montana, we all wish you a very HAPPY anniversary and Congratulations for hanging on this long.....takes a good, strong soul!!! :D :D

Don't be too hard on him Shelly. I'm sure he has much on his mind. Giving him the cold shoulder will only create tension and could possibly spoil an otherwise wonderful day.

Go out and fix some fences, check on the cows, and brood over it for a day.

The earlier you show him your gift to him, the more time he has to run into town and pick you up a new syringe, callf pulling chains or the like! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Shelly he's probaly out doing chores mumbling away about after 23 years she can't even remember today lol. Maybe he's got a big surprise planned-us men are crafty you know lol.

Northern Rancher said:
Shelly he's probaly out doing chores mumbling away about after 23 years she can't even remember today lol. Maybe he's got a big surprise planned-us men are crafty you know lol.

That is true, nr!!! You men are, indeed, crafty!!! Last year, i thought the hubby had forgotten me and we were so broke we did not have a pot to pi** in or a window to throw 'er out of, but he took me riding and that made up for it....that and the hand-picked flowers (dandelions, i recall) that were on my table by the alarm clock!! :D

I've had mine for 21 years. About 15 or 16 of those years, he always would get the date wrong for our anniversary, (two days early :? ) Never figgered out why he always was early, but least he didnt get in trouble for not rememberin it. He's figgered out now which day it's on, and usually he brings me a card and we go out to eat supper. I'm not the flowers n candy kinda person, so not gettin em dont bother me. One year he decided to do somethin different. But wouldn't tell me what it was, he had my bag packed when I came in from work. I hate , absolutely HATE not knowin where I"m goin. Was a couple hours drive, and I stayed mad until he finally told me where he was takin me. Lil bed breakfast type deal, only ruffin it style, Cabin in the woods, no power, no phone, no tv, nothin, then ridin horses. They cooked us a steak dinner and brought it to our cabin. Was kinda neat. Cept for it bein August, and 110 degrees....thought the skeeters was gonna tote me off that night.

I wasn't sure if I should respond to this, since it was addressed to the 'gentlemen' on the list, but I'll risk it.

My lady and I haven't made it to the first anniversary yet, but I doubt I'll ever remember. There are three kid's birthdays, her birthday, and our anniversary that fall on the 23, 24, or 25th, but different months. Its not disrespect, or that she doesn't count, I'm just not that bright :)

Rod

Do you usually remind him of other important dates? My wife writes all dates on the calendar like dr. appointments, b-days, etc. We remind each other of these dates. Today should not be a test. You have probably tested each other enough times after 23 yrs. Seems that you have a choice in how the day turns out. You can walk around mad all day or you can remind him now while you can still make plans to do something special. It has worked for us, soon to be 35 yrs. Remember that you are celebrating a partnership. When one partner errs, the other helps straighten it out, just like the other times shared when two people go through life together. God bless you both on this special day.

DiamondSCattleCo said:
I wasn't sure if I should respond to this, since it was addressed to the 'gentlemen' on the list, but I'll risk it.

My lady and I haven't made it to the first anniversary yet, but I doubt I'll ever remember. There are three kid's birthdays, her birthday, and our anniversary that fall on the 23, 24, or 25th, but different months. Its not disrespect, or that she doesn't count, I'm just not that bright :)

Rod

Yeah Shelly, we are just not that bright! :lol:

Don't believe I've evre forgotten, in the past 27 years. We never do a whole lot, go out to supper or something. My wife isn't a very romantic type. I showed up where she worked , on her birthday, one time , wereing a suit and tie and asked her out for a date and just embarrassed her and made her kind'a mad, so I learned my lesson. A simple "I love you" now and again and a hug once in awhile seem to do as much good as a gift.

You might just want to make some subtle hints! Like getting all dressed up and when he asks what you are doing you could tell him you just want to be ready for anything on a special day! :lol: Remember, we men are dumb! :lol:

Just a word of advice to the ladies.
If you will start reminding your husband 3 weeks in advance of your anniversary and again at 2 weeks then the last week, mention it a time or two. You will have much fewer anniversaries over looked. After all marriage is a team. Work together.
You might try marking it on his calendar. Or in conversation, Say something like "Can you believe we will have been married for 21 years next Thursday and I still love you more every day."
Consider it like you would defensive driving. Don't give something bad a chance to get started. And with the additional time you might even get something mail order and not something from the last second stop at the feed store.

Alabama said:
Just a word of advice to the ladies.
If you will start reminding your husband 3 weeks in advance of your anniversary and again at 2 weeks then the last week, mention it a time or two. You will have much fewer anniversaries over looked. After all marriage is a team. Work together.
You might try marking it on his calendar. Or in conversation, Say something like "Can you believe we will have been married for 21 years next Thursday and I still love you more every day."
Consider it like you would defensive driving. Don't give something bad a chance to get started. And with the additional time you might even get something mail order and not something from the last second stop at the feed store.

Now that right there is good advice, I don't care who you are! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey you just have to have a plan. I got married 2day after my folks did. so when my wife is getting something for them i just tell to pick up something nice for herself. :wink: :cowboy:

Big Muddy rancher said:
Hey you just have to have a plan. I got married 2day after my folks did. so when my wife is getting something for them i just tell to pick up something nice for herself. :wink: :cowboy:

good idea, bmr!! My hubby and i had the same idea...we were married the day before my daughter's 6th birthday, so he has NO excuse for forgetting :shock: :D :D :D :shock:

I eloped the day before deer season so I was set until they changed the season dates lol. Nothing says I love you like fresh deer liver lol.

Northern Rancher said:
I eloped the day before deer season so I was set until they changed the season dates lol. Nothing says I love you like fresh deer liver lol.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
i had a friend who did the same thing.....the DAY BEFORE DEER SEASON!!! You might be a redneck if..... :wink: :wink:
my brother in law married his wife in reno while they were down there for a national bowling tournament......said "hell, no time like the present!!"...sheesh...talk about redneck! :D
anyway, Shelly, sure hope your special day gets better!!! Keep your chin up, lady!!! :D

After 34 years of marriage, the hubby has been asking why it is the men that have to remember the special day first. He is right. The marriage consists of 2 people and both are responsible to try to remember. I remember those days well when I'd wait all day to see if he would remember. Now I'm lucky if I'm the one to remember first!! Just meet him at the door in your b-day suit. All will be well after that!!

How does that go? 'When it comes to anniversaries, a wise man forgets the past but remembers the present.'
Forgetting your anniversary isn't too bad. I got my ex-wife's and my present wife's birthday mixed up when we were having a conversation once. It'll never happen again. :oops:

My husband can't hardly remember when HIS birthday is (and God helped him out on that one, cuz he was born on THE FOURTH OF JULY!!!!!!)

My birthday is September 11th...no excuse for not remembering that anymore either...but he never has remembered and still can't. Oh, by the MORNING OF my birthday, he knows, but usually its too late to go to town. So he has done some ingenuitive things. One year he took a big box that a stove came in and wrote "Happy Birthday" and "I love you" all over the box with a magic marker and it was propped up in the doorway to the kitchen. Needless to say, that was better than any card he ever could have bought.

He is a great human being and I wouldn't trade him for anything...but for special occasions it JUST DOESN'T REGISTER.

It has taken me quite awhile for it not to bother me, but after 43 years I have finally figured out that it ISN'T PERSONAL. He does so many good things for me every day, year in and year out, I've finally learned to just let it go; because the GOOD way outweighs the bad.

Have a Happy Anniversary, Shelly. And I hope your husband has a Happy Anniversary too. Hopefully he will surpise you...

Latest posts