• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

How many gentlemen on here have forgotten their anniversary?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Oldtimer said:
Shelly- Waiting for the rest of the story-- Have you made him feel like a lowly heel yet?

I have a feeling he will regret this memory lapse for at least 12 months of being reminded :lol:

You betcha! Last night before I went to bed, I left the cards from my family by the computer where I knew he'd see them. With a note from me, I might add, that was polite BUT frosty! This morning he looked rather sheepish, and told me I should've reminded him. When I took him to town to pick up his new truck, I went and did a little Christmas shopping, and when I got home, there was a card and flowers waiting for me on the kitchen table.

Not a nice day for going to town either. Sloppy, wet snow that's freezing as fast as it's falling. Just heard from the best friend who is hauling bales with our semi today. He's put'er in the ditch.

Shelly--Being a woman, I'm sure you will not let him off that easy :lol:

I wish you would have kept your weather up there tho- Wind has been howling all day, but about noon the snow moved down from the north--33 degrees- wet blowing snow with winds gusting to 40 mph...The weather boys are predicting this to last thru Wednesday and could bring us 6 inches of new snow before moving east.....

Shelly, Hope your friend is OK. I hope the semi isn't wrecked so bad either. Thanks for the update with the hubby. Isn't life great!!!

Friend is fine, truck and trailer are back on the road to home, and I've been told everything came out with no damage.
Hubby must be feeling bad, haven't seen hide nor hair of him around here this afternoon. He must be out picking bales, too, with the tractor and bale wagon.

Maple Leaf Angus said:
the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
I liked montana silver at first. till I got a watch for Christmas, what a piece of crap. the band broke just in a short time. I took it back, cuz the lil paper that came with it says, lifetime guarantee.....well they sent it off to get fixed. Got it back, they said, "That'll be $30.00" I said HUH? it says lifetime guarantee on workmanship. Well fine print says, lifetime guarantee on workman ship of the lil japanese made watch that's attached to the band. Their bands have no guarantee whatsoever. So I paid the $30, then asked where my old band was because they had put a new one on it. They said. oh we keep that. ???? did I not pay for the band that was on it that broke? now I"m payin for a new band??? Well that sealed the deal, I won't ever buy another piece of Montana Silver ever again. It's gettin cheaper and cheaper made. Most of it's only silver plated now anyway, and in a short time that turns all kinda weird colors and flakes off. Just my two cents worth

Well, Jersey Lilly, I guess that's not the first piece of crap that came out of Montana and it likely won't be the last! :wink: :lol2: :nod:

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :mad: :mad:
won't even dignify your comments with a response!! :mad:

Shelly----as for you, my friend, i sincerely hope things are getting better on the home front!!! I was in "boze-angeles" today, finishing up my christmas shopping and taking the daughter to the doctor and got to thinking about you and was sending you wishes for happiness!! :wink:

Dear Shelly,
I feel for you for the forgotten anniversay. Husbands can be maddening. Sounds like he tried to make it up to you. My husband asked me to leave three months ago, and although we are talking I am having to come to terms with the fact that I will be delivering my first child alone. I have figured out that there is a lot of things in marriage that we put value on that really don't matter. Things that a person just has to let go. I would give a hundred anniversaries if I knew that my husband loved me. Sounds like yours does. Don't punish him too long, that stuff just doesn't matter. He is still there, he loves you.

To Shelly: Anniversary turned out to be a bad experience instead of a wonderful one. Don't let this happen again. Just a simple reminder a few weeks in advance will result in a wonderful day. The major cause of divorce in being hard headed. And there ain't nothing worse than a hardheaded woman. If you love him, treat him like you love him and help him to make your life wonderful.
When it is easy to make a good day don't be hard headed and turn it into a fight.

To Gunslinger: Every think is going to be alright. When you need, a boost let us know and we will find some way to dust you off. Hang in there sweetheart.

Alabama, I :heart: your advice. So true!! So true!! Good advice. Some of the best I have heard!!!

It is much better to be happy than to be RIGHT!!

I think we get caught up in what is wrong and what is right, and
when we feel WRONGED, the fight is on!!!

Much better to be happy...

Count your blessings...

YEA!!!

All good advice everyone.

To gunslinger, your post really got to me. I sometimes wonder when I'll be asked the same, we've really drifted apart in the last little while. For you, if you need anything, don't be afraid to ask, okay?

Ranchwife, I truly consider you as a very good friend. I think of you often, too. Thanks for the words of encouragement, every time you say something, it makes me feel a whole lot better.

I think the stress of framing and ranching in the last few years have really hurt the family structure. The BSE issue and the rehtoric coming thru the media has really hurt. Combine that with all the talk this spring about "BUMPER CROPS" then to have a wet harvest and poor quality has all of the farmers and ranchers rethinking their career choices. I think we all have to be supportive and try to understand that" it's not our fault". and that life will go on and new opportunities will come along.

That is a good post BMR. It is darn tough to be involved in farming or ranching these days. Its even worst when youve been loosing money on both ends. Grain you damn bear have to give it away yet when you pay your inputs bill @ the elevator they want the whole farm. Everything we go to buy has doubled in price and everything we sell is less. I think we could be the last of a dying breed. Its scary to think that we could be loosing ground to these mega corporations that going into farming.

Gunslinger,
I haven't been on line for awhile and am trying to catch up on the posts.
My heart goes out to you, I too had to raise a son on my own with no help/money from the father. I live in Manitoba and if there is anything I can do to help just PM me. My gal pal just had a baby and I will have access to clothes and such. Would bring down or mail em. Or if ya need to chat.
I have since remarried to a wonderful man who is into the cattle biz and in the middle of the BSE crisis ta boot. Just a lil background there.

Shelley,
Same applies to you.(well not the kids stuff) And you are just a province over. I hope things get better for ya.

jessie

Big Muddy rancher said:
I think the stress of framing and ranching in the last few years have really hurt the family structure.

Its unfortunate, as this is the time when family really needs to be pulling together. I consider myself very lucky with my family, as my wife has been sick for the last few months and I've been tending to my son, trying to work fulltime and tend to the cattle. But my father and father in law have really pulled together. My father, whose got a bad back and legs has been hauling much of my hay for me. My father in law, whose not exactly flush with money, and has his own work to get done, spent 3 weeks here putting trailer skirting on, building a much needed addition, and performing repairs that I neither had the time nor the money to do.

Of course, I'm sure both will take it out of my hide when things improve around here :lol:

Good luck to everyone though, and if there is ever anything I can do, just bellar.

Rod

Geez in laws that actually help out wouldn't that be a novel idea-can I send mine up there for some training Diamond S-hope things go well for you and yours this X-mas.

Latest posts