• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

How to find a good ranch hand??

Help Support Ranchers.net:

sandranchin

Reaction score
Hi all! Been lurking around here for a few weeks since we got our satellite internet and have a question to bounce off you all. BESIDES the Sandhills Cattle Assn. in Valentine are there any other good places to advertise or look for a good employee? The thing is they have to be 4 wheel compatible! Thanks for the input!

Welcome sandranchin,
I guess my idea would be word of mouth. I don't know if putting an ad in the paper would help or not. Maybe some others hear might have a better idea. NR has a gal that wants to be a ranch cook :wink:

Hey, best of luck, a good "hand" is hard to find. Thats why the husband just keeps me around, he knows I can't quit. ( he will really be upset when he sees that I posted on two of the things.......) Good "perks" always seem to draw people off of other jobs that don't have any added benefits. ie....house, utilities, beef, bonus for a good calf crop......I like word of mouth. Wish the hand we have now was worth sending your way.......but I don't need anymore enemies than I already have......................! :)

evening.....we found our new ranch hand (and he is really good with alot of experience) by advertising on ranchers.net and cattletoday.com on the classified section....super easy and FREE!!!!! Best of luck to you in you quest!!
kris

sandranchin said:
Hi all! Been lurking around here for a few weeks since we got our satellite internet and have a question to bounce off you all. BESIDES the Sandhills Cattle Assn. in Valentine are there any other good places to advertise or look for a good employee? The thing is they have to be 4 wheel compatible! Thanks for the input!
That is a damn good question, but I'm glad to see another outfit on here that uses ATV's. Don't know how we ever got everything done without 'em. Had more help I geuss. And the big ATV's with 4 wheel independent suspension ride real decent, lock in the 4 wd on the real rough ground when you're going too fast and the odds of piling things up are pretty slim.

All you Booger-buggy folks are out of luck. The truth is, if I can't get it to go by wacking it with a stick, it's just too smart for me. :D

Hey everyone! Thanks for the input...been there and looked at those web sites. NICE to know others out there think the same on 4 wheelin. We have the 4x4's with the part-time 2 wheel drive. I am the right hand man most times when I am not being mom to a 13 year old son and 9 going on 17 yr. old daughter. Well got to go be that hand now!

Latest posts