• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

How to make it rain

Help Support Ranchers.net:

alabama

Reaction score
When the weather man prodicets no rain in sight and none in the 10 day forcast and you have not had any rain all spring or summer just do the following.
Get up at 6:00 AM and load cattle to cull due to lack of pasture and haul them to the stockyard.
Get home and wash out trailer and also wash the big truck
Pick up a load of feed at the feed store and park it beside the barn to unload later.
Leave the windows down in all of your trucks
Hook up the hay roller and the hay rake.
Go to the hay field and rake all the hay.
Take the rake tractor back to the barn and get the roller.
Drive back to the hay field and start rolling hay. After you get a half a roll the bottom should fall out.
We got 0.85 inches and I loved every bit of it. Even with soaked hay and trucks.

I decided to leave some square bales in the field and I washed my car and left it out of the garage all done in hopes to ' bait' in some rain.

Must've worked cause we got about a 20 minute shower yesterday. Not hardly enough to settle the dust...but I won't complain!

Well..I've been the naked run daily for about 3 wks...and nothing.

Maybe it's just me!!! :shock: :shock: Guess the square bales were a more tempting target!!!

alabama said:
When the weather man prodicets no rain in sight and none in the 10 day forcast and you have not had any rain all spring or summer just do the following.
Get up at 6:00 AM and load cattle to cull due to lack of pasture and haul them to the stockyard.
Pick up a load of feed at the feed store and park it beside the barn to unload later.
Drive back to the hay field and start rolling hay. After you get a half a roll the bottom should fall out.
We got 0.85 inches and I loved every bit of it. Even with soaked hay and trucks.

Come over this way won't stop here in this rainforest. Been to wet to fertilize the hay fields without getting the tractor stuck.

alabama said:

Good for you, Alabama. I am happy that you finally got some rain. It sure brightens our outlook when that precious stuff falls from the sky. Maybe now the pump is primed and more will come your direction. :)

Latest posts