• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

How windy was it?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Big Muddy rancher said:
So windy that we had White caps in the toilet bowl. :shock: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Was in the mid 20's here last few days for wind. Has just died down to pretty much nothing tonight. Supposed to be back up to 30 mph for Friday.

We had 50 to 60 mph gust today. My son was headed into with a load of calves headed for Alberta. He was sure hoping it went down before he had to turn and burn for home or he might be on his side.

You fellas up north can shut the door anytime!! It's been damn windy, wet and cold, but I guess it is almost December.

Up here on the 49th, the wind was gusting to 125 kph, did a little damage to livestock shelters, and tipped a few semis over on the road. I went out riding yesterday afternoon, in the wind, wind blew so hard had to take the saddle blanket off the horse, and strap it to his butt, to keep the bit from popping out of his mouth.

Saddleup said:
Up here on the 49th, the wind was gusting to 125 kph, did a little damage to livestock shelters, and tipped a few semis over on the road. I went out riding yesterday afternoon, in the wind, wind blew so hard had to take the saddle blanket off the horse, and strap it to his butt, to keep the bit from popping out of his mouth.

That was a new one on me. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Semi's were off the road on 1-90 going through Wyoming; Gillette had a lot of roof damage.
How windy WAS it? Still Windy here!

Saddleup said:

I love it!!!!!

Clocked 108mph bout 10 miles north. 2 days into weaning and it laid down 80 ft of wind break holding calves bout 2am. Fun way to start a day. Pushed swather bout 30 ft and pivoted 90 degrees.

Faster horses said:
Hereford76 said:
Clocked 108mph bout 10 miles north. 2 days into weaning and it laid down 80 ft of wind break holding calves bout 2am. Fun way to start a day. Pushed swather bout 30 ft and pivoted 90 degrees.

Wow! Now that is some wind!

Well I figure I might be half the age of most you old farts on here and you all been there, seen that... but I never heard such a powerful wind

Latest posts