• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

HS rodeo

Help Support Ranchers.net:

jodywy

Reaction score
Went Gillette to get some parts today. With high school finals rodeo it like a city o campers and horse trailers around the Camplex .In town lot of out of state plates, in Albertsons watching the chaperones (Dad) with their daughters , it was like a 20 foot invisible chain, that's as far away as they could get away.......

jodywy said:
Went Gillette to get some parts today. With high school finals rodeo it like a city o campers and horse trailers around the Camplex .In town lot of out of state plates, in Albertsons watching the chaperones (Dad) with their daughters , it was like a 20 foot invisible chain, that's as far away as they could get away.......

I hear ya, Jody. Same here with the Sheridan WYO rodeo. It's the most hailed event in Sheridan and WOW! The people.....some of the stores have signs "Closed Friday due to traffic congestion." :shock: Sheridan isn't able to handle so many people. The streets are poorly
laid out, some places where you need a traffic light, there isn't one.

So we just stayed at home for the duration. Tonight is the last night.

Sheridan does put on a good rodeo, if you can find a seat. :D

My son qualified for the finals in Gillette, but he decided against going so he could work. I couldn't argue with that.

Silver said:
My son qualified for the finals in Gillette, but he decided against going so he could work. I couldn't argue with that.
Sounds like someone instilled a work ethic. The boy must surely have a good mother. What event?

redrobin said:
Silver said:
Sounds like someone instilled a work ethic. The boy must surely have a good mother. What event?

Bulls. Another reason my heart wasn't broke. I think if he'd have qualified in saddle bronc he might have been more inclined to go, as that is where his interest lies.

Cousin of mine road bareback. Just out of the money for prca finals every year for several years. He won all the majors just couldn't stay healthy and have good streaks.

Bareback is a tough occupation, I think bull riding is easier on the body.

Big Muddy rancher said:
Quite a crew went from this area to Gillette, Left yesterday and be back next Saturday.
I can't leave for a day with out cattle getting out somewhere.

Good thing you are staying home to fix their fences. :D

I feel your pain BMR.
My biggest fear is my cows noticing how tall and green my not the least bit understanding neighbors wheat field looks early in the morning .

Latest posts