• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Hubby's spending money again..... new baler!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Pretty much New Holland country up here-our dealer is actually one of the largest in North America-I used to guide some of the New Holland guys when they came up here hunting-you'd think when you found the guys a B/C whitie they'd tip you a new baler lol. The New Holland belt balers aren't near as reliable as they're old chain ones were-I had about 15,000 bales through my 855 and hadn't had any trouble with it when I quit haying. Some hay pimps are having their butts pucker this year-two years woreth of hay stockpiled and another big crop up and baled. The seemed to think us old ranchers would forget who put the wood to them in the drought. Two years ago when the canola crop froze and got snowed on-our dealer sold out of those old chain balers in a few days they wewre the only thing that would bale in those conditions. They really got a toehold in our country when guys were baling on breaking-roots and belt balers make for some really good baler fires.

Shelly said:
Well, I know the Deere was over $50,000 because we looked at buying one last year. The price chased us away awful fast. We had an RBX 561, but hubby didn't particularily care for it, or the BR 780 for that matter, since they're basically the same baler.

Green machinery is pretty popular around here, especially the combines, but that green paint is way overpriced IMHO.

U probably just hit a bad dealer with a price that high- unless they are that much higher in canada. We don't have net wrap on ours but we did get the chemical applicator installed. But the price was still fairly reasonable and got good value for the 435 we traded in on the 467. I would post the price but don't even remember it off hand. All i can say is John Deere equipment overall has been great for us. The tractors are super reliable(except for the electronics on the new ones) and no one else makes a pull type forage harvester that even comes close. We had new holland, gehl and case-intertrational choppers and they were all junk compared to our JD 3970.

NEW John Deere
Hay & Forage Equipment
Round Balers
Models 467, 557, 567

Contract Term
(in years) # of monthly payments Payment Amount Total Payments APR Cost of Borrowing

3 year note

36 month payment plan

$741.14 amount of monthly payment

$26,681.04 Total Payments

4.20% interest rate.

$1,653.46 cost of borrowing

I'm thinkin if a new John Deere round baler costs $50,000 in Canada, it'd more than pay for your trip to come down here and buy one.

I happen to know for a fact that John Deere balers were $50,000 here in Canada because I priced one out. I think they are down a bit this year because of the Canadian dollar being so high.

Just out of curiosity, I started looking at the dealer ads in the papers. Used John Deere balers, two or three years old, were still being advertised for sale in the high $30,000's price range.

Interesting. I wonder if its regional? I priced out a basic green hard core this spring, and it was under $40,000. When NH and Case offered the big rebates, JD had to follow suit, and they haven't went back up.

Rod

Shelly said:
In 2003 we bought a brand new Vermeer 605 XL. Every year since, we've had trouble with the belts, but we stuck it out relacing them or just putting new ones on. Last year, a new set cost $3800, this year $4300. Well, today the lacing ripped out again, so now we own a new Vermeer 605 M. He just went to town this afternoon and bought it!

Best friend bought a new Vermeer 605 XL last year, he didn't even make it through the first cutting before he had to replace the belts, and they've been relaced this year before we started baling. Wonder how long it'll be before he has trouble again? :???:

Someone is hosing you on the price of belts. We see a set of belts for a 605 XL for US$1,195 delivered to any where in the lower 48 States. http://www.ccmachinery.com/baler belts.htm . Something is set wrong or bent on that baler. A set of belts should last 30,000 bales even baling corn stalks. You have a choice of Alligator rivet lacing (optional) or Clipper lacing (standard) on your belts.

We have a Gehl baler. Do about 2000 bales a year, about 1/3 baleage (it's not a baleage special so it's taking abuse) and a fair amount of soybean straw which also seems to go pretty rough on it, we're at about 7000 bales now and the belts still look great. Now if only their parts supply holds up as long as it's supposed to.

Here's a link to a website that sells baler belts.......no where near what ya'll are talkin about spendin for belts.

http://www.excelbelting.com/ecommerce/control/category/~category_id=HESSTON-T/~pcategory=TOP-BELTING

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
Here's a link to a website that sells baler belts.......no where near what ya'll are talkin about spendin for belts.

http://www.excelbelting.com/ecommerce/control/category/~category_id=HESSTON-T/~pcategory=TOP-BELTING

EXCEL Belting does NOT sell belting made in the USA. ASK for Legg & GoodYear baler belting that come with a full factory warranty. These companies are the OEM manufacturers for JD, Vermeer, Hesston, and New Holland. Below you see a USA MFG belt with Alligator lacing.

Alligator_Rivet.jpg

Carter & Carter Machinery huh? that's yer lil pic by yer name, that who you work for?

"The 9000 Series of Baler Belts has been designed to be the next generation of Baler Belting. This belting was designed by Bill Muma, the President of EX-Cel Agricultural Belting. Bill is the inventor of the original patented 3 ply Baler Belt, he has put 30 years of experience into EX-Cel's New line of Baler Belts. EX-Cel's 9000 Series of Baler Belts has been used by OEM's for years and now it's available to you." (quote from website)

I've never ordered anything from them, but was just thinkin, the prices these folks are havin to pay for baler belts up there is rediculous. If your looking at spending 2000(worst case senario) or so for belts vs. 4300 for belts. I don't see where it makes a whole heck of a lotta difference whether the belt is sold by CCM or another company. Very little of what we buy these days is "made in the USA" Even the tractors and equipment. Some may say it is, but most of the parts are made over seas. Then assembled in the USA. Mr Lilly worked for Ford/NewHolland years ago, and even then, stuff was made over seas and shipped in. So if it will save us 2300 dollars or so puttin belts on a baler, which do you think I'm gonna go with?

I calculated the cost of our belts through that EX-Cel website and it is $831 CDN for 9 - 4-inch belts with regular lacing for our 605C Vermeer. Big difference from well over $1500 CDN for the equivalent in Canada. Even if the belts last only 3/4 as long as regular belts, I am still further ahead.

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
Carter & Carter Machinery huh? that's yer lil pic by yer name, that who you work for?

"The 9000 Series of Baler Belts has been designed to be the next generation of Baler Belting. This belting was designed by Bill Muma, the President of EX-Cel Agricultural Belting. Bill is the inventor of the original patented 3 ply Baler Belt, he has put 30 years of experience into EX-Cel's New line of Baler Belts. EX-Cel's 9000 Series of Baler Belts has been used by OEM's for years and now it's available to you." (quote from website)

I've never ordered anything from them, but was just thinkin, the prices these folks are havin to pay for baler belts up there is rediculous. If your looking at spending 2000(worst case senario) or so for belts vs. 4300 for belts. I don't see where it makes a whole heck of a lotta difference whether the belt is sold by CCM or another company. Very little of what we buy these days is "made in the USA" Even the tractors and equipment. Some may say it is, but most of the parts are made over seas. Then assembled in the USA. Mr Lilly worked for Ford/NewHolland years ago, and even then, stuff was made over seas and shipped in. So if it will save us 2300 dollars or so puttin belts on a baler, which do you think I'm gonna go with?

My name is Mark Carter and I am an owner of CCM. I work for the customer. Ex-Cel belts are sectional laminated, an old process used 30 years ago. Every North American MFG requires a continuous laminated belt from lacing to lacing. Goodyear, Legg, WCCO and Prairie belting are continuous laminated belts. EX-Cel belting has never supplied JD, NH, Vermeer, New Idea, Hesston or Gehl with any OEM baler belting.

Welcome Hay DR; I've noticed your posts over on Cattle today. Thanks for sharing your knowledge of haying equip with us; I look forward to more!

JD greene is the only one.......... my 2000 566 has 6900 bales with no major problems. You pay more for green but less in the long run.

Latest posts