• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Hunting - Contest

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Vote

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

the_jersey_lilly_2000

Reaction score
1. Limousin Girl
huntingpic1.jpg

2. Frank in West Dakota
BeheadedinOneShot.jpg

3. Jigger Boss
92moose1675x408.jpg

4. Northern Rancher
P1010405.jpg

5. Shawn
Shawn.jpg

6. gcreekrch
gcreekrch-1.jpg

7. Choclab
maggiewoodhouse.jpg

:? Number 7 wasn't there earlier? Or is it something on my end?

That is a great photo of the dog.

Big Muddy rancher said:
I'm wondering if that guy with the bear shot him or wrastled him down with his bare hands.? :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:gag: :secret: Actually he was on the Atkins Diet and starved to death.

:wink: :nod: :nod: :lol2:

Northern Rancher said:
Not the usual way we pose a bear for the hero shot lol.

That guy wasn't what I would call a hero. We finally got him after he had killed 4 calves and a cow last summer. Hence the scruffy haircoat. He was actually caught in a foot-snare by the BC cattlemen's predator guys. This bear would have weighed maybe 450 lbs, about half the size of one I shot off a cow it had killed at 18 yards a couple of falls ago.

Big Muddy rancher said:
I'm wondering if that guy with the bear shot him or wrastled him down with his bare hands.? :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Soooo looks like the Grizzly Adams name was appropriate :D

I love the little boy with the birds :)

A 'hero shot' is hunting veranacular for the pictures after somebodies killed something. We usually lay them on their chest and put their head up on a block of wood. An old bear looks a diminished laid out in the full monte lol. I shot a colour phase balack bear a few years back almost the same colour as that one. It turned out to be quite a little deal before it was all said and done lol.

P1010129.jpg

Ty's first bear-a couple years back. Him and his buddy called it in with a predator call and videoed it. The dialogue on the video is priceless. Two 15 year olds doing their best imitation of Jim Shockey lol.

Thanks Mrs. G, Did I send you a pic of his first king salmon? It was'nt huge, 24 lbs but he only weighed 37 lbs LOL. Next hunting photo contest he said he would be 5 and ready to go after a brown bear. The little guy has game thats for sure.

Hey Northern, ya got any blackies awake yet? 26 days and we will be knocking down some fur covered volkswagons, I am ready to get back to the lodge. When are you going to New Mexico? I will be home from the 3rd of june to the 23rd.

:D :D Great pictures everyone, Shawn

New Mexico isn't till end of July-I haven't heard of anfy bear out yet. We need some open water so we can shoot some beavers for bait. I saw Bob Folkrude shoot a Tundra Grizzley on Wild TV the other day-that was pretty sweet.

Northern Rancher said:
New Mexico isn't till end of July-I haven't heard of anfy bear out yet. We need some open water so we can shoot some beavers for bait. I saw Bob Folkrude shoot a Tundra Grizzley on Wild TV the other day-that was pretty sweet.

We are all iced up as well, I am gonna take my bow with and hope we can fill everyone out early so I can get out and harpoon one.

Big Muddy rancher said:

Maybe neither. Do you not see the binder canvas roller laying on the ground behind him?

Ty is riding saddle bronc in the HighSchool National Finals in Farmington-well actually he might be riding bare back too if he can get a few covered.

Latest posts