• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Hunting Season

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Angus Cattle Shower

Reaction score
Well, this is what I shot this year. I would have posted pics sooner, but I just got him back from the taxidermist. 50 inch spread, 152 gross and 141 net. He broke a chunk of bone off his left antler a few days before I shot him.

383605_10151135058540667_1489105320_n_zpsc1b450eb.jpg

I never noticed he was that uneven until I had him on the wall in the basement. It wouldn't be so bad if he didn't break a big chunk off his one antler.

I shot him in October, the second last day of the two week season. First moose we seen in going out every day for two weeks. Funny how that works

Did you wear out a carbide blade on the grinder? :lol:

Mid Sept is best for meat quality. We have friends that came in late Oct for years and talked about how great their moose were to eat. I always told them they hadn't eaten a good one yet.

In 2009 I finally convince one of them to put in for the earlier draw. He says there is no going back now.

The regular season might be sooner, I'm not too sure. There is the early season (October) and the late season in November or December, I'm not too sure. I didn't have to hunt that long :lol: He's a pretty tough old bull. Really chewy roasts, but man, they taste good. I shot him in a small bush, he ran 50 yards onto a truck trail in the pasture, and i dropped him right in the middle of the trail. Doesn't get more convenient then that 8)

That's the beauty of drawing a farmland moose tag in Saskatchewan! We were only a mile and a half away from a yard with a loader. Luckily I'm a very charming individual and they loaded it up for me too! Then asked me to take a few elk home with me too! :lol:

Latest posts