• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Hunting Story

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Maple Leaf Angus

Reaction score
One afternoon last week I was sitting in my tree stand waiting patiently for a deer to show when a moth starts flying around me. Not too often you see a moth in November around here but I guess it was out because it has been unusually warm this fall.

Time's movin' on and I'm getting bored so I start paying attention to this silly, bothersome moth. He seems to want to hang around my stand no matter how much I chase him away.

Finally he lands on a branch right at the end of the ladder on my stand. I take careful aim and proceed to shoot his one foot off with my 12 gauge. He tumbles off of the branch and rolls down the ladder to the ground.

You'd likely be really surprised at what happened next.

Did you ever see a moth ball?

Hehehe. :wink:

It's the only gun we can legally use for deer in Southern Ontario. I think it's because there are too many people too close together for using high powered rifles. 12 gauge is good for up to 100 -125 yards with a scope. Everything in THIS post is true!

WOW!! Didn't know that, but our laws seem quite different from yours, although I don't think it's against the law here to hunt a deer with a 12 guage, I just wouldn't want to be picking out the buckshot. Otherwise, your story was funny!!! I've never seen a moth ball (not like the one you're talking about anyway) :wink:

Latest posts