• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Huskers Get Break At Penn State

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mike

Reaction score
Lucky bunch this week. Think there will be a few distractions for JOE PA & Company? If Jo Pa is there at all...........................................

This whole deal is very bad. He folded up shop and is gone like the rest of them. Penn St is done for a long time.

You think most mama's are going to let their kid go somewhere that all this took place for this long?

the coaches may be distracted, but I think the players will unify, and play like they never did before... I think child molesters need killed, flat out...no rehab, just bullet.

You never know how this will affect the team. They could fall apart, they could unify. Guess we'll find out.

with Joe Pa stepping down at the end of the year, I wonder if they will get a share of the national title..... that is how Osborne got his last one...

all seriousness, Joe Pa needs to leave Penn State at noon, and by 6 pm be in the State Penn !

jigs said:
with Joe Pa stepping down at the end of the year, I wonder if they will get a share of the national title..... that is how Osborne got his last one...

all seriousness, Joe Pa needs to leave Penn State at noon, and by 6 pm be in the State Penn !

Then how do you account for TO's other 2 National Championships, and him being the most instrumental part of the '70 and '71 Title teams as well, Jiggsy? Frost & Co. OWNED college football, and in no way could have Meatchicken beaten them that year. BTW, just how many National Championships has YOUR team won? Oh? None? That's what I thought you said, you closet Husker, you.

If JoePa is guilty, Mr. Half-Assed Minority Graham Spanier is even more guilty. I didn't like him when he was at Lincoln, and I like him even less now.

Should have JoePa done more? Probably, but he reported the incident to his superiors, as he should have. I really think JoePa is getting way more blame here than he really deserves. Kinda like blaming the Marine Corps for teaching Oswald how to shoot, therefore, the Marine Corps killed Kennedy. Just sayin'.[/b]

Joe Pa is GONE!!!!!! An Interim coach has been announced for the Nebraska game. If all is true, good riddance!

President is gone too!!!!

What a break for the Huskers.

Well, it's official. The State Pen Lion Nits fired JoePa AND Mr. Half Assed Minority Graham Spanier.

We'll either roll over them or get our asses kicked Saturday.

Sorry Huskers, you are in deeeeeeeeep trouble Saturday. Winning one for Joe will be top priority!

Talk about a bad spot.

Mike said:
What's the "half -assed minority" business?

That was my conclusion, after hearing him speak and getting a good look at him, of Spanier years ago when he came to Lincoln. that he was some kind of half-assed minority. No tears were shed in Lincoln when he left.

jigs said:

Osborne got his last title because he had the best team in the US. The shame of that deal is that he had to split with Michigan, who got their "title" because they were simply the media darlings. The writers were tired of Nebraska winning and wanted a new story. Michigan, which hadn't won a title since leather helmets were discarded, made a much fresher story.

When the year shook out, Nebraska had beaten 3 top 10 teams by an average margin of over three touchdowns. Michigan hadn't even played any - and their arguement was "Strength of schedule". :roll: Nebraska played a tougher schedule, had a larger margin of victory and totally dominated in their bowl game. No question, Osborne got hosed.

I will admit TO is a good guy, I was glad for him to get a title on his way out, just wish he stayed a season or two longer so Bill could beat him....

TO could NEVER do what Snyder did....he had the top recruits given to him and only amassed 2 1/2 titles..... Snyder took everyone elses throw aways, and was one play away from a national title shot....

I think Penn State will beat NU soundly this weekend....losing Joe Pa is going to unite the team, and NU will be the whipping boy.

There are already rumblings by the Husker faithfull that Bo must go. They will get louder if they lose this weekend:

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/55754-bo-should-go/

Mike said:
There are already rumblings by the Husker faithfull that Bo must go. They will get louder if they lose this weekend:

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/55754-bo-should-go/

A couple of the hyper-vocal micro-minority is all that is.

Horrendo Revolver was on Fox & Friends this morning, commenting on the State Penn fiasco. His take was State Penn should cancel the rest of the games this year. He realizes that the student athletes didn't have a part in this, but that the further this investigation goes, the deeper it gets. The money the State Penn football team brings in has clouded the judgment of all involved.

My take is they will end up cleaning house on the entire coaching staff and start fresh with all new people. Possibly even in administration. This makes the Ohio State problems look like nothing. Is Tressel available for the job at Happy Valley next year???

One argument could be that NOT cancelling the rest of the games makes it look like they are putting the Almighty dollar ahead of fixing the problems they have in a timely fashion.

I have a feeling this is gonna get a whole lot uglier, PDQ.

I read through the court transcripts...VERY disturbing. 8 victims, and the way he seemed to be a predator, I fear MANY more victims...the university had MANY breaks in the chain ....way to many people turned the other way....they may have to fire everyone, and start all over.

Latest posts