• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Huskers- irrelevant and second tier

Help Support Ranchers.net:

jigs

Reaction score
yep! that was the words of your very own sports reporter..... it actually gives light to the corruption of the bowl system, the old guard who are affraid of new up and coming teams.... the comments below the article are classic husker .......

http://www.omaha.com/article/20120626/BIGRED/706269835/-1#shatel-embarrassed-by-perlman-don-t-be

Is that ole guy senile? The bowls & the polls have been rigged far too long.

Let's make room for some fresh meat.........................................

that is the problem...you guys want to live in yesterday... you had a nice little run, but Texas beat you like a red headed step child, KSU had a few wins here recently, and you run away wanting a better place....but you went from being #4 in the Big 12, to being #4 in the Big 10...... pathetic

Answer Sandy's question, Jiggsy.

I've seen firsthand what joining the B1G 10 has done to the U. in Lincoln, and from my perspective, it's all good. In 6 weeks, I will have 2 Huskers attending classes there. Things are only going to get better in Lincoln.

Your "irrelevant" and "second tier" whining is getting kinda old, considering nobody from another conference came courting in Manhattan. If your product was as good as you imagine, you wouldn't be sucking hind tit to Texass.

I'll take my irrelevant, second tier, 5 time National Champions team over your Never-Wassers any day of the week. Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

300 straight home game sell-outs, #1 in Academic All-Americans, 5 National Titles......pretty irrelevant and second tier, I'd say. :wink:

how many more 8 win season before they send Bozo packing??

in the late 80's KSU was so patetic they almost dropped football, and the big 8 almost kicked them out of the conference... then 10 years later we were rnked #1 in the nation, and one damned fumble from playing for a national title.....

the whole time KSU was down, Husker gave us the "pity talk" keep trying, you'll get better little buddy.... we did. and when we began to beat Nebraska it was terrible...how dare KSU even THINK they can beat Nebraska!!! how WRONG !!!.... I think Solich was fired primarily due to the beating KSU gave Nebraska in Lincoln that year..the old boys could take a pounding from OU, cause after all they had "tradition"... but a beating from lowly KSU would not be tolerated....

keep your dusty old trophies, your tradition and your memories Huskers...I will gladly go with the Wildcats who are on the move into the future, not stuck on what has been ....

Excuses and conjecture, and that "one damned fumble from playing for a National Title" BS. :roll: :roll: As Ric Flair says, "To be The Man, you've got to beat The Man." KSU ain't "been there, done that".

If you wanna talk about the future, what's gonna happen when your 137 year old retread of a head coach vapor locks midway through the season? I remember how well Prince worked out for y'all.

At least we have the dusty old trophies. Jealousy don't look good on ya, Jiggsy.

Now answer Sandy's question.

to answer Sandy's question...KSU vs NU record will be about as bad as the NU vs. the Big ten in a few years..... sad you guys left...KU was needing SOMEONE to beat in conference play, you left, and took thier only hope.

jigs said:
that is the problem...you guys want to live in yesterday... you had a nice little run, but Texas beat you like a red headed step child, KSU had a few wins here recently, and you run away wanting a better place....but you went from being #4 in the Big 12, to being #4 in the Big 10...... pathetic

Addng a second at the end of regulation to kick a field goal is not beating somebody like a red-headed stepchild. Hanging 50 on somebody like we did every year for 60 years on K St is beating somebody like a red-headed stepchild.

" then 10 years later we were rnked #1 in the nation, and one damned fumble from playing for a national title....."

Sounds to me that you're living in the past..... :lol:

Jigs do you need a job? You must have alot of time on your hands reading out of state newspapers and articles about teams you hate. Live a happier life, post some positve article on kstate(current articles) and show why you are a better team and why kstate needs to be respected. Because your not going to get repect by bitching and moaning all the time.

eatbeef said:
Jigs do you need a job? You must have alot of time on your hands reading out of state newspapers and articles about teams you hate. Live a happier life, post some positve article on kstate(current articles) and show why you are a better team and why kstate needs to be respected. Because your not going to get repect by bitching and moaning all the time.

Jiggsy is a closet Husker, and one by birth, as well! :lol: :lol: :lol:

nope, no love at all.... saw the article posted on a KSU website, found it interesting that the husker reporters are turning against thier own....

huskers are like 70 year old former hot chicks...they are not as pretty as before, and know it ain't getting any better.....sad sad situation.

Snyder leaving has me very worried.....talks are his kid taking over, and I absolutely HATE that idea.... all he has proved is that he can keep a job if hs dad works there.... no happy one bit with the idea.....

time will tell....

jigs said:
nope, no love at all.... saw the article posted on a KSU website, found it interesting that the husker reporters are turning against thier own....

huskers are like 70 year old former hot chicks...they are not as pretty as before, and know it ain't getting any better.....sad sad situation.

Snyder leaving has me very worried.....talks are his kid taking over, and I absolutely HATE that idea.... all he has proved is that he can keep a job if hs dad works there.... no happy one bit with the idea.....

time will tell....

Don't worry, Prince would probably come back for ya! LMAO! :twisted:

jigs said:

time will tell....

JIgs, who else is running for the job? or is it a done deal?

who knows??? the way Snyder keeps secrets, it is a wild guess in trying to figure the mess out.. I took a group of local boys to Manhattan a few weeks ago for a 5 on 5 touch tourney... we placed 4th out of 15 teams, missed by two games of getting to play on the KSU field for the title.... that would have been a GREAT memory for them... and for me to get to coach on the field!! maybe next year.....

but while on lunch break , Snyder came by our team and spent 10 minutes with just us... what a great guy, asked about each kid, age, position, how the team would do, gave encouraging words, talked goals and focus.... wonderful for those boys to see and hear....
50 teams were there, and he spent 5 - 10 minutes with each team.

the guy is a class act. and in coaching, he is loyal, giving, selfless, and kind..... a dieing breed in todays world.

hey jigs just think if they would have taken the top 4 teams your team would have made it. Pry ought to mention that for next year. :lol:

I was pretty happy.... my son threw 125 passes, and only 2 int..... that aint too bad.

The 4-team playoff won't devalue the regular season. One of the main criteria when picking the 4 teams will be "Strength Of Schedule.

If 5 or 6 of a team's regular season games aren't against top tier opponents, they won't be chosen.

Now go check your schedule and see if your team does that.

I like to see K State do well, but I'm not a huge fan. Snyder is awesome I agree. When he quit then came back I thought they would suck, they sucked the first time he quit. Somehow he gets kids to listen to him and play for him. When he leaves it's going to get ugly. AGAIN They won't be able to get a really good coach, and these really good atheletes aren't going to come to manhattan ks to play for a no name unless its their last option. Nebraska at least has some tradition and trophies to try to impress recruits on visit. Like I said I like to see both schools compete and be a good team, but I think K State will always be little brother, even if they arn't in the same conference

Latest posts