• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Hydrogenated Oils - The Real Killer

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I heard an interview with Dr. Blaycock of the USA. He said back in the '30s they did studies to determine if cholesterol levels were affecting the health of our arteries. This study done, I believe, with cattle, fed them varying levels of cholesterol mixed with corn oil. When the results showed that there was inflammatory damage to the arteries of the animals, it was assumed that the cholesterol was the bad culprit causing the damage.

In fact, they have now realized, that it was the corn oil which was the main contributor to the inflammation of arteries. Without this initial problem, "inflammation of the arterial walls", the cholesterol will generally not get stuck to the walls of the artery causing "atherosclerosis", blockages which can lead to heart attacks and strokes. It is also becoming more common to hear how our bodies, especially our brains, require the HDL cholesterol to function properly. When you take statin drugs to lower your cholesterol, you are damaging your liver, and lowering your total cholesterol, including the good HDL type. These statin drugs are causing way more trouble than they are worth. Try alternative health therapy like:

This is why I brought forward the information earlier, on Policosanol, and Vitamin B complexes. These are both supposed to aid greatly in decreasing the bad cholesterol LDL - Policosanol, and lowering homocysteine levels - B complexes. High homocysteine levels are an indication of inflammation of the arteries. The B complexes also aid in repair of our nerves.

I guess I'll have to stop using cake mixes, and bake my cakes and muffins all from scratch with butter.

Thanks for posting this Mike, the evidence is stacking up really high against the use of these oils, and especially using them at high temperatures, like deep frying.

We need to be aware of the dangers of using these oils, and must be vigilant that the animal feed industry doesn't try to hook feedlot operators on them. As human consumption drops for these oil products, this sector will want to pawn them off on the cattle, pork, and chicken industries as helpful, and good for our animals. If it isn't good for us, why would it be good for our cattle?

Well we still know that too much cholesterol isn't a good thing, but even a little bit of transfats are nasty!
And all the good stuff from Ritz crackers to Oreos to potato chips have them in abundance. Anything that uses veggie shortening is a culprit.

The FDA has recently started requiring companies to list transfats seperately on the nutrition labels on the back. Some are already there, but I'm not sure what the deadline is.
And some companies are already changing their methods to eliminate transfats. For example, I just saw the other day that Cheetos are transfat free. :D
(it's also because of the transfats that McD's tried to fry in beef lard instead of veggie. But the vegetarians got grumpy because then they couldn't order fries... Apparently animal products are still more evil to them than something that will glue their arteries shut. :roll: )

Hopefully we can come up with a win-win on this oil situation.

Use it as biodiesel!!!!!

MRJ

Latest posts