• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

I’ll Have Another sold to Japanese farm

Help Support Ranchers.net:

katrina

Reaction score
I'll Have Another sold to Japanese farm, will be transported in August
Doug O'Neill, Horse Racing, I'll Have Another | Comments

I'll Have Another has been sold to a Japanese farm for an undisclosed amount of money and will be in Japan as of August. (Al Bello/Getty Images)
I'll Have Another, winners of both the Kentucky Derby and the Preakness under trainer Doug O'Neill, has been sold to a Japanese stud farm, according to Steven Andersen of the Daily Racing Forum:

Owner Paul Reddam said Friday that a deal has been reached with Shigeyuki Okada's Big Red Farm on the island of Hokkaido to stand I'll Have Another beginning with the 2013 breeding season. Financial terms were confidential, Reddam said.

It was announced on June 8 that I'll Have Another would retire from racing, a day before the horse was set to compete in the Belmont Stakes with the opportunity to complete the Triple Crown, a feat that has not been accomplished since Affirmed did it in 1978.

For his career, I'll Have Another had five wins in seven starts, earining $2,693,600.

Reddam said that the offer he received from the Japanese farm was "far superior" to offers made by farms in the United States, according to the report.

The horse, which was purchased for $35,000 as a two-year-old in training, will be in Japan starting in August.

They ate Ferninand... :help: :shock:

Latest posts