• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

I Ain'T da Man!!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Northern Rancher

Reaction score
But my granddad was-my daughter was checking out some family history today-my grandad died in 1925 and I knew he was old when my Dad was born but I'd forgot how old-he was 70 and gramma was 33-I don't think I'll be topping my ancestor in that regard-remember no little blue pill back then just creek water and fresh air lol.

Northern Rancher said:
But my granddad was-my daughter was checking out some family history today-my grandad died in 1925 and I knew he was old when my Dad was born but I'd forgot how old-he was 70 and gramma was 33-I don't think I'll be topping my ancestor in that regard-remember no little blue pill back then just creek water and fresh air lol.

:shock: :shock: :shock: Holy cow, NR!!! My father-in-law was 52 when the hubby was born and there were 3 more after that!! Cannot imagine trying to raise kids at that age....course, the hubby says it was easy on mom and pop because "we were angels"....uhhh....yeah!!! :roll: :roll:

I agree reader I am only 42 but there is NO WAY I would have another baby at this age. Geeshhhhh youngest is almost self sufficient. The only thing I am loking froward to now is grandkids.....well it better not be anytime SOON.

reader (the Second) said:
I'm 55 and cannot for the life of me imagine having little ones to raise.

My brother-in-law was 50 when his youngest was born. (Second wife.) He has grandchildren older than his daughter. In fact his daughter is close friend s with a "niece" her age. These older parents seem to not want to fight their young child so she pretty much gets her way...

I am beginning to think that we are (in some way, somehow) related....I think our in-laws must surely be from the same family tree!! :wink: My hubby has many neices and nephews who are far older than he and we counted off his dad's grandkids and we lost count at 57 :shock: :shock: My hubby's youngest sibling was born when mom was in her early 40's....I am glad I finished when I was 30 and will be young enough when they all leave the "nest" to enjoy life and enjoy Grandkids...though I am like MsSage....."not any time soon" :wink:

Well, NR, your granddad's got mine beat! :D My grandpa was 20 yrs older than grandma. Got married when he was about 40. His father was 26 yrs older than great-grandma. :shock:

My folks were 37 when they got married and 39 when I was born. I really can't say I remember much about them when they were the age I am now. (43) I suppose I should never say never about having kids. But it's not likely at this point, much less by the time I'm 70! :lol: :lol: :lol:

both sets of my grandparents had 11 kids. dad is the oldest on his side, mom is next to last on her side.

on moms side counting from grandma on down( lost grandpa many years ago ) to the great great grandkids there are roughly 137 of us. depending on how you count the engaged, it spikes to 142.

My maternal grandparents had 11 children. My grandmother had her last in her forties and was pregnant at the same time as one of her daughters. My aunt and her nephew (my cousin) graduated together. My aunt also had a niece and a nephew older then she is. I just cannot imagine being pregnant at the same time as your mother. :?

my grandma had her first in 1922 and her last in 1947, that's a span of 25 years!!!!! NO WAY!!!!!not me. she had 7 girls then the last one was a boy.....she didnt bleave em when they told her that.

MsSage said:
WHOA NR I just caught the ages......Gramps was 70.....grammy was 33???
Who says age matters. How sweet :D :D :D

The moral to this story may be that young wives keep old husbands young :wink:

I read the other day where ol Hugh Hefner- who is in his 70's- has had to cut back to 3 live in blonde girlfriends from his normal 7..... :shock: :roll: :lol:

Latest posts