• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

I am still alive no head stone for me.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Trinity man

Reaction score
Its been tough the passed few years. I lost my dad two years ago and my mom is still with us. We have added on to her house last year and moved in to take care of her at night. We have also been in a 4 year drought that has just about killed most of the grasses in the pastures and tons of trees. The Trinity River looks more like a creek around here. One of our deer hunters put a boat in the river this summer to go fishing and had to pick his way around to go up river. Most areas its about 1 to 1.5 feet deep when its normally 10 to 12 ft deep. All of my water well that I use to water cattle have dry up or just quit. I talk to the Texas NRCS this year and they are going to share half the cost on getting some of my wells back going, but I just don't know how I am going to make up the other half of money with things like they are. Weeds in the river bottom never got knee high with the limit amount of water we have gotten. In the passed three months we have gotten 1.5 inches and before that none all the way back to April. Its just a small area around here that the rain keeps missing us. Fast Horses called today about a guy looking for a place to hog hunt. Well I wish I could said I have tons of them for him to shoot, but with the dry conditions they have even moved on to green pastures. I guess if I can said one thing nice about being dry I have no hogs and a few deer that stay along the river where there is water. I have started doing a little mech. work on tractors and other equipment in my shop for people in the area just to keep me busy. I will try to get some pictures later to today to post. See you all later. :)

Nice to have you back posting, Trinity Man. So sorry that your country is still dry. :cry: I can't imagine 4 years of drought, although I know it can happen. And we thought we had it tough. One year like last year about did us in.

Sorry to hear about your dad.

Anyhow, welcome back! We'll be waiting to see your pictures.

I am so sorry. Must be tough, very tough and I guess you have to do what your heart tells you to. Stay strong, have faith.

Latest posts