• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

I can see

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Denny

Reaction score
I spent the day cleaning up around the yard and in front of my shop boy talk about a bunch of junk.Now I can see the front of my shop been years since that has happened sure looks nice.Going to set about 80 RR ties for new corrals tommorow then bury in the water lines for my new outdoor stove.Hope to get this done before the ground freezes.

Oldtimer said:
Denny said:
then bury in the water lines for my new outdoor stove.

:???: water lines- stove? :???:

Its a Heatmore outdoor wood boiler it heats water to 180 degrees and then circulates to a heat exchanger in the house and one in the shop also heats the hot water for the house they are pretty slick.

you can take a peek a www.mikesheating.com

And its the wifes job to go out and stoke the stove before bed on 30 below nights- right :wink:

Just looking at that little outbuilding reminded me of the old outhouse-- and I got goosebumps just thinking about it........

Oldtimer said:
And its the wifes job to go out and stoke the stove before bed on 30 below nights- right :wink:

Just looking at that little outbuilding reminded me of the old outhouse-- and I got goosebumps just thinking about it........

most people fill them 2 times a day mine is the 200 model and am heating more space was going to buy the 400 about $6500 then I found a used 200 for a $1000 so I will most likely need to fill it 3 or 4 times but who knows we will see.I spend $4000 a year on propane for the house and shop not anymore...

Oldtimer said:

Good memories, OT?

Denny said:
most people fill them 2 times a day mine is the 200 model and am heating more space was going to buy the 400 about $6500 then I found a used 200 for a $1000 so I will most likely need to fill it 3 or 4 times but who knows we will see.I spend $4000 a year on propane for the house and shop not anymore...

Denny, how big is your house and shop?

I've been thinking about an outdoor furnace. No more smoke issues in the house. Or wood to pile in the wood cellar. That's a lot of work and mess.

Hey Denny, Run them water lines under your sidewalk and never have to shovel snow off or worry about falling on the icey sidewalk again.

Oldtimer said:

Where were the bumps located? :D

A former Sec.of Ag.(don't recall his name)once said"Growing up in northern Minnesota and useing an out house in -30 deg.weather left a lasting impression on on me" :D :D

Maple Leaf Angus said:
Denny said:

Denny, how big is your house and shop?

I've been thinking about an outdoor furnace. No more smoke issues in the house. Or wood to pile in the wood cellar. That's a lot of work and mess.

The shop is 30x64 with 12' side walls the house is 32x54 log, full basement with 22'high vaulted ceilings it heats pretty hard.

cert said:
Hey Denny, Run them water lines under your sidewalk and never have to shovel snow off or worry about falling on the icey sidewalk again.

the lines run in an 4" sewer pipe that has 2" of insulation sprayed around them with plastic around that so I dont think there will be much heat escapeing from that .The water lines and pipe run 9.20 per foot so I am only putting in what needs to be.Oh yea I dont have any sidewalks...

Just a thought Denny. Neighbor did that and likes the results.
My side walks consist of a strip of belting from the coal mine with flowers planted on each side. Help from draging grass clippings and mud into the house.

cert said:
Just a thought Denny. Neighbor did that and likes the results.
My side walks consist of a strip of belting from the coal mine with flowers planted on each side. Help from draging grass clippings and mud into the house.

There's a shop in town they have floor heating tubes in the shop and they ran a set out front on the apron in front of the building when it snow's they open the water valve and melt it off it is nice.But I am CHEAP

I've wanted to get a coal stoker outdoor furnace. Hook it to a hopper bin . Lots of hot water. Our house has the lines in the floor but we heat the water with a 60 gal electic water heater. With the right outdoor furnace we could heat our house the folks place and put some heat to the shop and barn. Only problem in the shop and barn arn't insulated except for the tack room in the barn which would be a nice place to warm up some days.

We have a 42X 138 X 14 high pole barn. The tack room is 2 story and insulated with fiberglass and lined with plywood. We have a 48 inch walkin door coming in cause I wanted a wide door to carry saddles thru then inside we used a old set of double doors from Moms house when she put a new set in. The front part of the barn houses the tack room tie stalls for six horses and a 12X12 box stall. Next we have a 12 foot alley that runs across the barn. Coming in from the north there is a alley that runs along the north wall going back to a crowding tud a S alley to a Stampede hydralic chute. Beside that we have a maternaty pen and then a 6 foot gate leads to a 42 foot round pen in the back of the barn. We really enjoy our barn and it seems like something is happening in there everyday.

By the way FH , Hay I was just going to tell you that we wouldn't make Miles city tonight but heck you not there either. We just had too much come up and this weather is unsettled. Roger wants to have a seminar close up here so will try to make that one.

The lady I was taking with me had to go to the doctor and couldn't go along and since I didn't want to travel up and back by myself in the dark, I stayed home. I have enough trouble staying awake in the daytime.

Shoudda, woudda, coudda...went up earlier today and stayed overnite. But I didn't know the woman that was going with me had a medical problem until about 4:30 this evening.

I'm sure it was very informational. I hated to miss it. Do you know about the Equi-litter? Sure takes the work and smell out of stall bedding. It is unbelievable.

We have a big Mennonite community about a half hours drive east.They are heavy into chickens, eggs, pork and dairying. Many of them heat their entire yardsites with automatic stoker coal boilers; they store the coal in hopperbottom bins. The coal itself is fairly cheap;the freight from Alberta costs more than the coal! Even at present freight rates this is still a much cheaper energy source than the alternatives most of us use. It seems to be fairly reliable too as these barns have to maintain constant temperatures for optimum production!

Latest posts