• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

I did a coyote a favor.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Muddy rancher

Reaction score
I shot a coyote from the back door at noon. After lunch i went to pick it up and hang it in the shed cause they are usually worth a little money I saw it had the starting of mange. Guess all this warm weather we are having might be hard on the coyotes cause they sure are haired up. It was the third coyote that we had shot and the other 2 looked fine. :cowboy:

Hubby has noticed that we have had a particularly shaggy coyote hanging out pretty close to the cattle lately.....he just never really gets close enough for us to get a shot off at!! When the 18 year old gets home from his trip to North Dakota, I know he will simply take off on foot to find the critter!
Things here been unseasonably warm, too!!! Able to go outside to feed the pups with no coat...just the jeans, t-shirt and sneakers!! Weird :shock:

I know we are not as cold as yall are but even for us it has been extra warm. A couple of days in the 80's and nights in the low 40's. Haven't had any rain yet so having to feed and put protein out. Something I haven't done since northeast Nevada. :D

Geez BMR you let the mangy ones go if you have yote troubles lol. We shot one in muzzie season had already lost his tail.

Northern Rancher said:
Geez BMR you let the mangy ones go if you have yote troubles lol. We shot one in muzzie season had already lost his tail.

It looked good until I went to pick it up and saw it loseing hair around the tail head. Getting cows tested for BSE makes for good bait for coyotes.

The local fur buyer is paying $20.00 for normal coyotes but he is paying $60.00 for live caught.

He is taking the live oes to a hunting preserve in Tenn and gets $120.00 for them their.

I have been traping Racoons in the loafing shed - - - I'm getting one or two a day - - - I have never seen it this bad But I set one trap every time I feed and for the last three weeks I keep catching them. The buyer is paying $5.00 to $10.00 each but has offered $20.00 each for live caught. I just don't want to mess with live ones. I would leave them alone if they would just stay out of my buildings. I have a pest eliminator and can't find a rat, mouse or bird any where but no matter what setting I put it on the coons don't seem to care.

If mange was a reason for shooting some thing, big dummie would have been shot long ago...................good luck

Northern Rancher said:
Geez chockful of the X-mas spirit there Haystack-still bitter about the lump of coal Santa sent you.

X-mas is over Einstein,and I have never wasted a minute of my life being bitter,leave that for canuckle heads like you :D :D :D ...........good luck northern wind bag :wink:

cowsense said:
No NR it has something to do with goats! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have already told you "cowface" I dont own goats,bout the closet I get to em is when I post to a canuckle head here,cuz its bout like talkin to one :shock: ...............good luck

Northern Rancher said:
The Magnificent Mouth of the South has emerged from his cave-you are such a sad little waste of skin.

You have just proven my point,windy :D :D :D gotta run ta town today so talk to you canuckle heads tonite,I gotta get caught up on my french lessons :D :D :D ..............good luck PS try not to be so bitter "windy"

Good to see we're getting into the New Year spirit,here on Ranchers and givin everyone our warm wishes :D

HAY MAKER said:
Northern Rancher said:
The Magnificent Mouth of the South has emerged from his cave-you are such a sad little waste of skin.

You have just proven my point,windy :D :D :D gotta run ta town today so talk to you canuckle heads tonite,I gotta get caught up on my french lessons :D :D :D ..............good luck PS try not to be so bitter "windy"

Haymaker :drink: is going to take some more "COWBOY" lessons from his little Quebecer buddy. Someday Haymaker :drink: will make a "TOP" hand.

Haymaker I was talkin to a fellow last night and he was wanted some goat hides to make some chaps. I told him that your the President of R-GOAT and could probably help him out . Watch your PM for the request. :cowboy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts