• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

I figured it needed said.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Been There

Reaction score
Thought I'd send along my column. Don't know yet if the paper is going to use it. I tend to get a little politically incorect for them once in awhile.
Just some thoughts.

FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH

Got a few things on my mind this morning that I am going to try to unload, if I can get those thoughts gathered into print like I want them and corralled, and the good folks of this paper will let me back up to the chute and unload.
the primary election is getting close. I have read and reread some of the candidate statements and have found it is sometimes hard to separate the grain from the chaff.
I figure I will vote for whoever I figure is the best person for the job, but that's kinda hard to figure out sometimes. I have my mind pretty well settled on some and if I was to vote for "the coach", (as some still call him) it would not have been because he had coached a winning football team. In my book he would need a lot more qualifications for head position in Nebraska's government than that credential.
I'm thinkin' Uncle Sam's sortin' crew sure missed a good opportunity to ride in and cull a whole bunch of illegal immigrants out of that May day mob. After they had the sortin' done just try to imagine how many pot loads they could have hauled back to Mexico.
I figure they have pretty well lost control of the illegal immigrant situation, especially when there are members of congress, who likely have some working for them, insist we go soft on the immigration policy.
I reckon what would have the most effect on stemming the tide is for those who get caught hiring folks who sneaked into the country to have to pay dearly.
What irritates me is these people who were demonstrating against immigration policies had the audacity to demand everything Americans are entitled to.
Speaking of entitlements: It is high time quite a few recipients of lenient public dole are forced to get off their shiftless rear ends and go to work for a living, those who are able to do so. Maybe I am hard nosed about this but I worked hard for every dollar I ever got and I expect no less of any able bodied male person of working age.
If we don't quit the freebee handouts we will soon be scrappin' the bottom out of the bucket. Actually we already are but it's going to get worse.
Lastly, for what it's worth; my opinion on gas prices. Not unlike Will Rogers, "All I know is what I read in the papers"…and hear on the radio and Television. It just seems to me that if Exxon, and I suppose other oil companies, are reporting billions
of dollars profits in the first quarter, the decent thing to do would be to try to help folks out a little bit by lowering gas prices.

Latest posts