• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

I give up on Avatars (the little picture by your name)

Help Support Ranchers.net:

alabama

Reaction score
Some things just ain't worth the trouble. I know i have posted a picture before but I can't even find how I did that now. I was going to show my dogs and a few cows and the fact that I have short hair at least what is left of my hair anyway. But y'all will just have to do without unless you can send me the Jap guy that came with this new program to run it for folks like me.

Dont feel alone..I tried to download a pic and never succeeded either..guess I"ll hafta wait for another one of those days where I"m bored still with nothin better to do with my time that try somethin like that on the puter that usually ends up makin me feel like a idiot.......lol...n then laff at myself for gettin upset at a box of wires n stuff gittin the best of me.

Normal pics. Just load it onto photobucket .com. Copy and paste the whole URL here from photobucket. Highlight it and hit the Img button.
To get a picture on your avatar, you have to edit it. I usually shrink it down and hit 8 bit color on my imagemixer software. Then save it that way in a file where you can find and grab it from your profile box. Good Luck.

" photobucket .com. whole URL .hit the Img button.
avatar, you have to edit it. shrink it down and hit 8 bit color imagemixer software. file where you can find and grab it from your profile box. Good Luck"
Yeah right GOOD LUCK :

Actually, its pretty easy.

Cow1.jpg

You sure you've got the whole URL there Mike? Part of it is buried on the right side when I do mine and I have to scroll across to get it all.

Sash, can you bring my picture up? I'm trying to see if I can match him up to any of my semen catalogues. I'd sure like to know the name of this bull!

You've got the whole URL on the last post. You need to get rid of the Img and Url in the address line. Copy and paste it into the address window at the top of the screen and you'll see the picture. Copy the address back into reply box. Highlight it and hit the Img button. Then hit preview to make sure you've got it

Sash, can you bring my picture up? I'm trying to see if I can match him up to any of my semen catalogues. I'd sure like to know the name of this bull!

Send me the URL address if you can't get it posted yourself and I'll try it tonight after supper. Off to do chores.

Hate to embarass myself, but I'm pretty computer illeterate. I don't even know what it is you have been talking about with Mike.

Mike said:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/MikeCallis/riomaturefinal.jpg

Mike above is what you posted, at the end you have the , the img is if you want the picture to show in the post and url is if you want a link to follow to open the picture in a new window.

But the problem your having is you have to push the Img button once, that will give you the
at the end. then your picture will show up.

keep trying you will get it, you just have to get your address inbetween the
Good luck
Rob

Thanks Robert, at least I got thru the photobucket part. I'm good to go now. Good directions too, I might add.

Latest posts