• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

I give up

Help Support Ranchers.net:

HAY MAKER

Reaction score
I give up posting today ,to many things to do and guess there is a problem...............good luck

Don't give up the ship, Hay Maker. We would miss you.

Wish you were up here Making Hay. Quite a bit of ours blew away yesterday, with the sixty mile per hour winds. The countryside looks raped and ravished. There is sand and tumbleweeds everywhere. It should be good arrowhead hunting, but that is the only advantage of the situation that I can see, and with calving on we sure don't have time to go look.

Speaking of arrowheads, I recently renewed a lease on a section of South Dakota school land. In the contract, it was stipulated that if any arrowheads were found, they would be left laying on the ground, and the school land people notified. When the guy got through reading his spiel, I questioned him as to if that ever happened--that they were notified of such an occurance. He sheepishly admitted that this had never happened, and probably never would. Common sense among the bureaucrats in this country has flown out the window and plumb blew away. :roll:

Thanks SOAPWEED,I should have said giving up posting today because I had a soft ware problem and have some field work to get going on,turned out they are still to wet to plow.Sounds like some of yall are having bad luck on the weather.I cant complain it has been damn near perfect here the last two years ,hope it holds.Talking about arrow heads as IM plowing is when I like to look for them lots of fun looking for them ,and they are not that hard to find here on the Hill country place. I heard there were lots of indians around here I have one spot that has some indian mounds,its along a creek bottom with spring water near. I never find the time to dig around in it though..............good luck

If you do decide to dig keep quiet about it! That's one thing the "loonies" can't stand,unless they are the ones doing it.I would love to come down and hunt with you sometime.
Soapweed.....Back in the "dirty thirties"in eastern SD after a big wind storm, they would pick up artifacts by the bucket full.

Geting a little old isn't it?
By the way--I think I picked up the lid to your garbage can today!

Have you seen Bull Burger's log chains? I keep hearing fire radio talking about a fire in the Long Pines along the SD/MT line. 90 acres were burned about 3 hrs. ago already. The wind is starting to go down now, so hopefully the firemen will get a handle on this before it takes Camp Crook or something.

Haymaker,

Love the jesting you have provided. Don't quit us, but I understand you have "things to do". Our spring is getting busy so who knows how long I will be posting (not that anyone cares, but it's addicting and fun) and will "catch up" whenever there is free time.

Hanta Yo

Juan said:
Geting a little old isn't it?
By the way--I think I picked up the lid to your garbage can today!

no, juan....i think that was MY lid :lol: winds here constantly the last week..made the trip to tioga north dakota on the 9th and 10th pretty difficult!! dust storms everywhere and trucks swaying in the "breeze"

'Have you seen Bull Burger's log chains?"
A neighbor had a logchain blow in yesterday.He hung it on a post for a wind gauge.At a 45 degree angle to the post he could feed in a sheltered spot but this morning it was closer to 90 degrees!
A couple of days ago a friend and his man were gathering cattle and of course the wind was blowing realy hard.He started around the pasture one way and his man went the other.as he rode the wind only got stronger and it was blowing right through the zipper on his Carharts.Being an enterprising fellow,he dismounted and put his coveralls on backward,pulling a cord he had put in the pull tap to close the zipper.A short time later his horse was spooked by a tire tank that the wind had up-rooted and was rolling toward them.The horse threw a fit and bucked him off knocking him unconscious.About that time the hired man happend along and did his level best to get the boss's head and feet turned the right way! He did come to in time to save his life but will wear a full body cast for a long while!
The moral to this story,if you ride in a wind ,ride alone!

Juan said:
'Have you seen Bull Burger's log chains?"
A neighbor had a logchain blow in yesterday.He hung it on a post for a wind gauge.At a 45 degree angle to the post he could feed in a sheltered spot but this morning it was closer to 90 degrees!
A couple of days ago a friend and his man were gathering cattle and of course the wind was blowing realy hard.He started around the pasture one way and his man went the other.as he rode the wind only got stronger and it was blowing right through the zipper on his Carharts.Being an enterprising fellow,he dismounted and put his coveralls on backward,pulling a cord he had put in the pull tap to close the zipper.A short time later his horse was spooked by a tire tank that the wind had up-rooted and was rolling toward them.The horse threw a fit and bucked him off knocking him unconscious.About that time the hired man happend along and did his level best to get the boss's head and feet turned the right way! He did come to in time to save his life but will wear a full body cast for a long while!
The moral to this story,if you ride in a wind ,ride alone!

After reading this I realize it's not just Mother Nature that's windy. :wink: :cowboy:

Angus Cattle Shower said:
Hey!!!!
Grrrrrrr. You guys make hay now!!!??? Here it's snowing, and in some spots there are 3 feet of snow yet......

HEY!!!! would ya mind sending some of that our way??? i will even send ya a map and very detailed instructions...getting a "sciff" of snow right now but not nearly what we need!! we already have burn restrictions...makes burning the stubble fields difficult!! :wink:

Wind's gone down,neighbors home (with cast),logchain is hanging straight down the post,think I'll feed the cows.

Latest posts