• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

I got my first Buck today!!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Angus Cattle Shower

Reaction score
I shot him about 3 hours ago. eating the tenderloin as we speak. It is sooo good. He is a, or was a 11 point non-typical. (5 by 6) He is in the 140 inch range. Grandpa hsot one too, but it is a typical 12 point. (6 by 6) I was using my trusty .303, and he was using a .308. had lots of fun!!!! I learned a lot this year too!!!

Congrats!!!!!

But we used to let ours hang.....Hmmmm..... We used to do lots of things that weren't legal to, but it was a matter of truly needing the food.....Now we don't need the meat and I don't hunt at all,

I do mis a good floured venison steak though,

PPRM

PPRM in Sask. if you leave your buck hang it usually freezes solid overnight kind of defeats the purpose-we usually butcher ours up right away.

good job buddy boy. glad you had fun and learned alot. I was just reading in Field and Stream or one of those magazines and they interviewed kids and most of the kids said that getting something was not near as important and spending time with DAD. yeah kids :!:

NR,

I See,

Come to think of it, our bucks were taken early October....Usually went for young ones just off the breaks that had Wheat,Barley or oats growing on top. Some of them had 1/2 inch of backfat on them,

PPRM

Ty and I hunt all three seasons here bow,muzzleloader and rifle-basically from Sept. 1 -Dec. 1. We take deer all through those season's were allowed 3 apiece-it is unbelievable how those bucks change as the fall progresses. The carnage that goes on here during the rut is unbelivable-I've seen bucks with 6 inch beam measurements with a main beam snapped right off-those big boys really hammer each other. My neighbor said one of there hunters shot a buck last week with a 5 inch piece of tine driven into his head.Were having a overly mild fall so the bucks are holding up not bad but when it gets -30 the first part of November it's pretty tough on them.

Latest posts