• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

I had no idea

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Faster horses

Reaction score
NE WY at the foot of the Big Horn mountains
I mentioned Mike Logan in the thread "Juab County Cowboy poets" and posted a link to a book he had written.
I searched a bit further and found Mike had passed away, August of 2019. I am saddened that we didn't know. Heaven gained an angel when Mike passed from this earth. Reading the obituary, even though I thought we knew him well, there was much we didn't know.

He used to entertain with his slides and verse combination. I remember going to a Chamber of Commerce banquet in SW Montana where Mike was the featured entertainment. You could have heard a pin drop during his whole presentation. I can still hear his rich baritone voice talking...telling...many times he would tell what led up to
a certain photograph. He has a photo of two buck deer fighting and in the trees watching, is a big bull elk.
He called that photo "The Referee." I always meant to buy one of those from him. I did get an enlarged photo of
Mr. FH that he had taken when they were gathering cattle together, so I treasure that. He did a VHS tape at one time and I took a photo of him that he wound up using on the cover of the tape and even gave me credit as photographer on the back. I had no idea and was pleasantly surprised when he sent us one in the mail as a thank you. It was not even close to the quality of his photographs, but he must have liked it, because he used it.

Mike loved the West and showed the west to the world. The world was a better place with Mike in it.
Here is the obituary that I found, should you care to read it.

My son Lane did Mike Logan's poem Brands .It is a long poem 17 verses I think but Lane did it well, He was 7 and did it at a old cattle buyer friends funeral. One old lady said she heard her husband Slim's name in the poem so he did it again at the lunch afterwards.

My son Lane did Mike Logan's poem Brands .It is a long poem 17 verses I think but Lane did it well, He was 7 and did it at a old cattle buyer friends funeral. One old lady said she heard her husband Slim's name in the poem so he did it again at the lunch afterwards.
That is just plumb cool!! Mike would have liked that!!

Hi,

I'm Mike Logan's son. I recently came across this post. If interested, you can message me your email and I could figure out something for you on the "Referee".

Sean

I mentioned Mike Logan in the thread "Juab County Cowboy poets" and posted a link to a book he had written.
I searched a bit further and found Mike had passed away, August of 2019. I am saddened that we didn't know. Heaven gained an angel when Mike passed from this earth. Reading the obituary, even though I thought we knew him well, there was much we didn't know.

He used to entertain with his slides and verse combination. I remember going to a Chamber of Commerce banquet in SW Montana where Mike was the featured entertainment. You could have heard a pin drop during his whole presentation. I can still hear his rich baritone voice talking...telling...many times he would tell what led up to
a certain photograph. He has a photo of two buck deer fighting and in the trees watching, is a big bull elk.
He called that photo "The Referee." I always meant to buy one of those from him. I did get an enlarged photo of
Mr. FH that he had taken when they were gathering cattle together, so I treasure that. He did a VHS tape at one time and I took a photo of him that he wound up using on the cover of the tape and even gave me credit as photographer on the back. I had no idea and was pleasantly surprised when he sent us one in the mail as a thank you. It was not even close to the quality of his photographs, but he must have liked it, because he used it.

Mike loved the West and showed the west to the world. The world was a better place with Mike in it.

Latest posts