• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

I knew that ole wind bag SH would be back

Help Support Ranchers.net:

HAY MAKER

Reaction score
I knew that ole wind bag that calls him self SH would be back,he reminds me of another ole wind bag/braggart that worked as a part time trapper/ tracker for the TX fish & game commission,part time Border patrol agent and full time bull sh*tter called him "goose".
Always bragging about how good a trapper/tracker he was,well one morning about sun up ole "goose" was cold trailing some mojados that swum the river just south of Eagle Pass the nite before.
he started checking senderos and sure nuff tracks,they say he tracked most of the day and into the nite and was gaining on them till they split up in two groups,well this confused ole "goose" and some how he got turned in a wide circle and cut his own track,story goes ole "goose" tracked himself right up his own ass and was never heard from again :wink: ...........good luck
PS now if SH would only do a lil more tracking just maybe..............

Hayseed,

Do you know what you and the Strawman from the Wizard of Oz have in common?

Da da da da da da data
Da da da da da data
if I only had a ________?

~SH~

~SH~ said:
Hayseed,

Do you know what you and the Strawman from the Wizard of Oz have in common?

Da da da da da da data
Da da da da da data
if I only had a ________?

~SH~

Is that your favorite show, SH?

Well, SH. How appropriate you bring up the wizard of oz. I enjoyed reading this about Frank Baum's masterpiece:

A Midwestern Farmer as the Scarecrow
"As for the Scarecrow, having no brains he walked straight ahead, and so stepped into the holes and fell at full length on the hard bricks. It never hurt him, however, and Dorothy would pick him up and set him upon his feet again, while he joined her in laughing merrily at his own mishap."

Baum's experiences during the droughts that he observed in Aberdeen, SD made him sympathize for the farmer. He took a stand in favor of the motives of the common farmer as represented by the Scarecrow. For this character, Baum contradicted his theme, which pointed out that the individual could find the solution to his dilemma. Baum suggested for the Scarecrow that farmers do need some aid.

A Banker Boss as the Wicked Witch of the East
"'She was the wicked Witch of the East, as I said,' answered the little woman. 'She has held all the Munchkins in bondage for many years, making them slave for her night and day. Now they, are all set free, and are grateful to you for the favour.'"

The banker bosses during the late 1800s easily controlled manufacturing and business in the east using such methods as trusts and interlocking directorates. The common worker, especially the child worker, suffered at the expense of the profits of these banker bosses. In Oz, the Wicked Witch of the East held the Munchkins in bondage, who were forced to "slave for her night and day."

Another take of the Wiz:

"When they finally get to Emerald City and meet the Wizard, he, like all good politicians, appears to be whatever people wish to see in him. He also plays on their fears.... But soon the Wizard is revealed to be a fraud--only a little old man `with a wrinkled face' who admits that he's been `making believe.' `I am just a common man,' he says. But he is a common man who can rule only by deceiving the people into thinking that he is more than he really is.
"`You're a humbug,' shouts the Scarecrow, and this is the core of Baum's message. Those forces that keep the farmer and worker down are manipulated by frauds who rule by deception and trickery; the President is powerful only as long as he is able to manipulate images and fool the people. [Politics doesn't change, does it?]
"Finally, to save her friends, Dorothy `melts' the Wicked Witch of the West (just as evil as the East), and the Wizard flies off in a hot-air balloon to a new life. The Scarecrow (farmer) is left in charge of Oz, and the Tin Woodsman is left to rule the East. This populist dream of the farmer and worker gaining political power was never to come true, and Baum seems to recognize this by sending the Cowardly Lion back into the forest, a recognition of Bryan's retreat from national politics.

Latest posts