• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

I miss Ranchwife

Help Support Ranchers.net:

ranchwife

Reaction score
okay, after drying my eyes (long work week), I am able to respond to you, Reader!! Thanks for thinking of me :wink:
Things here are a little busier than usualy, but i will fill you in somewhat so you can understand my absence!!
I am working an average of 60 hours a week at the hospital for the overtime (lots of Christmas bills and a 16 year old girl who needs to go to washington d.c. with the rest of her class in april).....the 18 year old just got home from North Dakota and he brought pictures home of my dad and these pictures simply ripped my heart out.....horrible to see what COPD can do to a 58 year old man (he looks 80 and is very thin and on oxygen now 24 hours) :cry: :cry:
Each weekend, we have basketball games somewhere in the state and they are usually some dandy roadtrips!! We played in deer lodge on the 22nd of December and it was 1 a.m. before we got home.....then, i had to work the next day a 20 hour shift, worked all day on Christmas Eve and all day on Christmas!! :shock:
I have missed having my hour a day to catch up with my "family" here on ranchers!!! You all have helped me through some really rough times, whether you realize it or not!! Sometimes, it is a simple kind word, other times it is a joke or a funny story that makes me smile or makes me cry all the tears out and "get it over with" :cry: .....
So, to you, Reader...and to all of my "family".....I wish you all the happiest of New Years and a wonderful 2006!! :D

Ranchwife, you must be a wonder-mom. Sorry to hear about your Dad. May God be with him and you.

I don't know how some people can cope with all the stuff that they have to do and endure. You must be good stuff. Watch that you don't exceed your limits. With so much to do and be involved in nowadays, I think one of our biggest challenges is knowing what is worthwhile and what we can do without in the long run. How do we determine what is of real importance?

All the best to you in '06.

Ranchwife, my dad had COPD. He started O2 on his 57th birthday. Wasn't on it all the time at first but probably should have been. I still believe liquid O2 is purest and best and has the best portable system. Concentrator/E-tanks are a PIA and have to have dependable electric supply or a bunch of E-tanks in reserve. The new aluminun tanks are easier to pack around than steel, but still not as handy as a liquid portable that lasts as long as 3-4 E-tanks.

Dad was as active as he could be until he passed away at 73. I built a bracket on the back of the Farmhand tractor to hold an H-tank to draw from while he stacked hay. We always kept a couple medical H-tanks in reserve at his own expense in case the O2 man couldn't deliver because of bad weather.

Good luck and best wishes to your dad. There are good and bad times ahead. All I can say is cherish the good and don't dwell on the bad. Keep on keeping on through it all. God bless!

Our best to you and your dad. I hope you take time for some proper rest Kris so you don't get ground into the ground which nursing CAN do despite it being called a "health" profession!

Latest posts