• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

I now have my official premises ID numbers

Help Support Ranchers.net:

alabama

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 11, 2005
Messages
1,743
Reaction score
0
Location
Alabama
The numbers for both of my pasture locations arrived in the mail yesterday. The number is a combination of letters and numbers. However, the use of some letters is making it confusing. My numbers include zeros with a slash through them which I assume is the number zero and zeros without a slash through which I assume is the letter “o” and also a zero with half a slash through it which I assume is the letter “Q. The numbers were hand written and not typed on the notification I received. This is an Alabama number but I understand that Alabama is using the national system thus the numbers come from the national authority.
It may be better not to use letters and numbers that can be confused.
 

Kate/wy

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 1, 2005
Messages
107
Reaction score
0
Location
ne/wy
How many digits long is it. I am waiting for WY to get theirs out to us.
 

HAY MAKER

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 13, 2005
Messages
8,789
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
Kate/wy said:
How many digits long is it. I am waiting for WY to get theirs out to us.

KATE the ones I have here in TEXAS are four numbers followed by three letters................good luck
 

rancher

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
1,059
Reaction score
0
Haymaker, mine here in Montana are two letters or a letter and a number.
 

HAY MAKER

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 13, 2005
Messages
8,789
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
rancher said:
Haymaker, mine here in Montana are two letters or a letter and a number.

Yes I have one that like that too,use it regularly JS...............good luckPS whats the weather man promising you?
 

HAY MAKER

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 13, 2005
Messages
8,789
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
rancher said:
Wind and more wind.

I wish there was a way I could send you some of this mess,seems like its always too much rain or to much drought,but IM like OT ,I think the patterns will change and you will get your share,probably quit around here when we really need it .But it sure has got stuff green cows are already refusing hay................good luck
 

James

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
221
Reaction score
0
Location
Marsland, Nebraska
The Nebraska one's are 4 numbers and 3 letters. Wish some of you would share some of the moisture you are receiving as the dirt was moving real bad here today. hope everyone had a great day
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
HAY MAKER said:
rancher said:
Wind and more wind.

I wish there was a way I could send you some of this mess,seems like its always too much rain or to much drought,but IM like OT ,I think the patterns will change and you will get your share,probably quit around here when we really need it .But it sure has got stuff green cows are already refusing hay................good luck

Haymaker- rancher-- There is hope-Sounds like this last one was spotty-- I talked to a couple of people that were north in the pastures areas--At the north place we got 2/10's of an inch of rain and 2 inches of wet snow - a little south of there on the community pasture they figured they ended up with close to half an inch -- Sounds like they had the snow plows out plowing wet snow off the roads last night in the Scobey-Plentywood areas.......
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Alabama said:
The numbers for both of my pasture locations arrived in the mail yesterday. The number is a combination of letters and numbers. However, the use of some letters is making it confusing. My numbers include zeros with a slash through them which I assume is the number zero and zeros without a slash through which I assume is the letter “o” and also a zero with half a slash through it which I assume is the letter “Q. The numbers were hand written and not typed on the notification I received. This is an Alabama number but I understand that Alabama is using the national system thus the numbers come from the national authority.
It may be better not to use letters and numbers that can be confused.

Alabama- Glad you posted that today- I'd almost forgot to get tags this year- I had been waiting to see if they came out with some type of National or state tag- only have about 20 of the old Y-tex left--and cows could start in the next week or so-- so I went to town today and got some Z-tags as the neighbors have been having better luck with them and I don't have to worry about losing the buttons I had stuck in every pocket...

Except I use them more for my own info to mother calves when moving cows to different pastures and at weaning to decide cow performance...And anymore I use the cow size in everything- hell of a lot easier to read the numbers....

I just heard that the Lead On bull has really went up in price- semen will be $30 straw- apparently he's a weak semen producer and semen is limited........
 

Latest posts

Top