• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

I Think I've Heard It All Now

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mike

Reaction score
French President François Hollande has proposed banning homework as part of a series of policies designed to reform the French educational system, according to ABC News.
"Education is priority," Hollande said in a speech at Paris's Sorbonne University. "An education program is, by definition, a societal program. Work should be done at school, rather than at home."
The reasoning behind the proposed ban?
Inequality.
According to a statement from an official at the French Embassy, "When it comes to homework, the President said it should be done during school hours rather than at home, in order to establish equal opportunities."
Homework favors the wealthy, Hollande argues, because they are more likely to have a good working environment at home, including parents with the time and energy to help them with their work.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

I can see where this could happen here, depending on how things go on Nov. 6th.

~K

It has already been ''here'' and continues to here. No homework in second grade yet. My wife subbed for the Middle School....no homework allowed there either. After a full school year they were halfway through the curiculum for the year.

The dismantling of society began long ago.

I don't believe the kids need homework until 7 th grade. You burn them out fast. Let them unwind and be fresh for the next day. Our country school had a no homework policy as kids had chores when they got home. Going into highschool they were top students. If they messed around in school and didn't get it done they brought it home. They learned to use their time at school wisely and were way ahead of the others.

Latest posts