• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

I told elmo we should'nt have

Help Support Ranchers.net:

HAY MAKER

Reaction score
I told elmo we should'nt have taken that canuckle head hunting,that boy never had much sense or listened to good.
elmo I said I believe you are as dumb as that canuckle head,aint my fault elmo said,he shoulda hung on besides it was your idea ta take him snipe hunting.
Well turn around I said I believe we have lost him.
Marvin the canuckle head fell outa the truck,well actually he was kinda thrown out,me and elmo were in the cab,elmo driving,and marvin the canuckle head standing in the bed of the pickup holding onto the cab roof.
The road forked and at the last minute elmo turned right,elmo has never turned right in his life but he did this time.
Centrifugal force pulled marvin to the left and he tried ta dig his finger nails into the roof of elmo's ole ford,the truck continued to turn and his nails shrieked across the roof of the truck,gave me the willy's hearing it.
Gravity took over and out bounced the canuckle head,hit the ground bounced against a big rock and ricocheted off and landed against a mesquite tree.
As I looked back he was laying very still,elmo sez good thang that boy has a lotta cushion round his rump probably woulda kilt a skinny fella.
Time we got turned around marvin was standing up looking kinda dazed,what time a day is it boy, 3 oclock he sez, what day is it ? Saturday he sez,.........here you better sit down a while boy till you come ta yore senses,cuz it's Tuesday morning.
Are you hurt elmo sez,I don't think so said the canuckle head hobbling over ta sit on the tail gate,taking off his boot,wait a minute I think my toe is broke,where I hit that big rock.
Yep I think it's broken,looks broken ta me elmo said cheerfully.
That toe is in terrible shape I said look at that lil thang all narled up it looks like ganggreen has sit in on it,Your looking at the wrong toe canuckle head sez,there's nothing wrong with my little toe it's the big one that's broke.
I examined his largest toe,that one don't look to good either boy,that's because elmo broke it he said,Did not, its not my job ta keep you from fallin outa the truck,me and elmo had a good laugh and got another beer,and I seen a slight smile come on the canuckle heads face as he opened his.
Well boy let's get you to ole doc Mitchell,check you out I will take you snipe hunting next week...............good luck

Rather a novel idea, Hay Maker, to take ol' Marvin snipe hunting. Actually it was a good idea for a novel, and you wrote an interesting one. One advantage in hanging out with folks like Marvin is that it gives an aspiring writer subject matter. :wink: Keep those stories coming.

Very Entertaining story Haymaker,used to enjoy taking unsuspecting people snipe huntin,seems to me you have a dozer there even if he is a supposed canuklehead :!:

Oh he is a canuckle head alright,44 years old and never been snipe hunting oughta give you an idea of what marvin is like,he claims to be from the quebec area? He was tellin me and elmo that there are more cattle in that area than anywhere else in canada,I told him about saskatchewan sissies and he agreed and just laughed hysterically,sez that bunch is windy and always trying ta out do quebec,but they have better cowboys in quebec......you oughta see this boy he is a sight for sore eyes :D :D :D ...................good luck

HAY MAKER said:
Oh he is a canucle head alright,44 years old and never been snipe hunting oughta give you an idea of what marvin is like,he claims to be from the quebec area? He was tellin me and elmo that there are more cattle in that area than anywhere else in canada,I told him about saskatchewan sissies and he agreed and just laughed hysterically,sez that bunch is windy and always trying ta out do quebec,but they have better cowboys in quebec......you oughta see this boy he is a sight for sore eyes :D :D :D ...................good luck

Yea we just refer to Quebecer's as Texans they are such great cowboys' :!:
Keep up the good work Haymaker :drink: :cowboy:

The only good cowboy that came out of Quebec, that I ever heard tell of, was Will James (alias Ernest Dufault). He sure didn't want anyone to ever know that he came from Quebec, and wove a very intricate story trying to cover his tracks. :wink:

Soapweed said:
The only good cowboy that came out of Quebec, that I ever heard tell of, was Will James (alias Ernest Dufault). He sure didn't want anyone to ever know that he came from Quebec, and wove a very intricate story trying to cover his tracks. :wink:

Sounds like big dummie,he is always trying ta move the big muddy west :D :D ............good luck

HAY MAKER said:
Soapweed said:

Sounds like big dummie,he is always trying ta move the big muddy west :D :D ............good luck

Haymaker :drink: Take a look on a map the Muddy is WEST of you. :cowboy:

Pretty good Canadian Rodeo cowboy by the name of Roger Lacasse From Quebec entertained all at Canadian finals a year ago....he deserves his due!!

Big Muddy rancher said:
HAY MAKER said:
Soapweed said:

Haymaker :drink: Take a look on a map the Muddy is WEST of you. :cowboy:

It may be,it's also a lil north of me :D :D :D ..........good luck & good nite.

Latest posts