• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

I weakened

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Northern Rancher

Reaction score
Had to go back on morphine today-I felt like I'd been hit by a bus. On the subject of body fat too much is bad but I'm at 0% and it's way worse. Once I start to put weight back on I'm going to slick up and get at it. I can't believe my appetite it's like my stomach thinks my throats been cut. All you guys out there with a fat-chin up it could be worse.I got our breeding hfrs for next spring sourced today so I guess I'm not a total waste of skin. They are true F1's Angus out of registered Horned Hereford cows-got a cut of straight Angus hfrs too- we'll probably sell them and put the baldies back into our deal. I am way overdue for a cattle roadtrip-just got to get my wheels back in alignment. Was wonering if you guys who normally are feeding now and are grazing out-do you have them on your spring or summer grass. We could of not fed at all yet but I'm afraid to use my stockpiled grass as dry as it is-we gave about 1/4 of our grass total rest last year it never saw a hoof. I think we'll calve on it in about 5 months. Where we bale grazed the grass was still lush in November I think you get such a mat of growth that it can't freee to bottom as quick. I just need about 1000 cows to custom winter-that would cover all our tame grass-our native meadows are peat moss so they stay productive. Ty and I were talking if anybody wants to lay their feed in here and bale graze their cows we would do it and not charge yardage-the cow owner would have to pay the tractor rental to place bales. The nutrients transferred would be our yardage payment.

Well Northern, you do whatever it takes to take care of yourself and we don't call it weakened.

That sure is interesting about the growth where you bale grazed. I find somewhat the same where we unroll to feed in the winter. Sometimes when it gets a bit too wet underfoot, like it has lately, they appear to trample some of the hay into the ground. At first I was ticked off by the waste but those strips always come back gangbusters later on. So you pay for fertilizer one way or the other I guess. And your plan to custom graze makes a lot of sense . . . cents . . . whatever. :wink:

Northern Rancher said:
Had to go back on morphine today-I felt like I'd been hit by a bus. On the subject of body fat too much is bad but I'm at 0% and it's way worse. Once I start to put weight back on I'm going to slick up and get at it. I can't believe my appetite it's like my stomach thinks my throats been cut. All you guys out there with a fat-chin up it could be worse.I got our breeding hfrs for next spring sourced today so I guess I'm not a total waste of skin. They are true F1's Angus out of registered Horned Hereford cows-got a cut of straight Angus hfrs too- we'll probably sell them and put the baldies back into our deal. I am way overdue for a cattle roadtrip-just got to get my wheels back in alignment. Was wonering if you guys who normally are feeding now and are grazing out-do you have them on your spring or summer grass. We could of not fed at all yet but I'm afraid to use my stockpiled grass as dry as it is-we gave about 1/4 of our grass total rest last year it never saw a hoof. I think we'll calve on it in about 5 months. Where we bale grazed the grass was still lush in November I think you get such a mat of growth that it can't freee to bottom as quick. I just need about 1000 cows to custom winter-that would cover all our tame grass-our native meadows are peat moss so they stay productive. Ty and I were talking if anybody wants to lay their feed in here and bale graze their cows we would do it and not charge yardage-the cow owner would have to pay the tractor rental to place bales. The nutrients transferred would be our yardage payment.

Cory, you are truly an inspiration by always looking on the bright side and planning for the future. And then you are kind to us portly pudgy people by saying that a few extra pounds aren't all that bad. :) Thanks for your enthusiasm.

NR, if it were possible I could certainly qualify to donate a fat transplant to you. We would both be better off. :p

I have fluid built up in my feet and in my lungs and am having a tough time trying to lose it. With the extra weight I'm packing around it really shuts off my air whenever I bend over. I hope both of us can find a happy medium.

You hang in there. Like I said the other day...IMO a little morphine has to be better than being miserable and not sleeping.

Our cows that stayed out were in a pasture we always use in the winter...it usually gets under utalized. You're a tad far away for us to send cows to :)

The baldies came from Murray out of those good old Hereford cows. John I puff up like that too sometimes you can get it drained off I did New Year's Eve it takes less than an hour-the only downside is the 8 inch needle in your belly. Shauna was getting pretty wall eyed watching the Dr. sliding it in my gut-it isn't real painful. They got 1 1/2 litres out of me but they have got up to 7.

My friends sister was diagnosed with terminal cancer,and her appetite went down to nothing,and she was just skin and bones.My friends brother convinced her finally to give marijuana a try,with in a few days her appetite was back and she was feeling better and she has started to put on some weight again.I don't know if you would be interested in trying it Northern Rancher but it defiantly did help her.

Cory pain management is not weakening.
I am hoping that the trampled hay will come back this spring...we have had a good bit of snow then a dusting yesterday so maybe there will be grass in the spring. But then there is a difference in cows and horses

Shoot Cory I agree...... a little morphine is nothing. Do what ya have to do. Glad your here and it's pretty darn boring when your not here..
I just got weaned off my codein. 8)

I know they gave me demerol when i had my hernia operation,those were defiantly some pretty wild dreams!Probably a good sleep and good dreams,were defiantly in order for you!!

Latest posts