• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

ice-cream bread-you won't believe it!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Chuckie

Reaction score
I didn't believe it either, but this is REALLY good. here's the recipe:

1 pint (2 Cups) ice cream, softened
1 1/2 C self-rising flour

stir together just until flour is moistened. spoon batter into greased and floured 8x4 loaf pan.

bake at 350 40-45 min til toothpick comes out clean. remove, cool on wire rack.

tip: low-fat ice cream doesn't work well in this. you can also use this to make 2 loaves of 5x3" size. it makes great toast, too (if there's any left to toast!).

if you try it (and you SHOULD), let me know what you think. like i said--i couldn't believe it turned out so well, and ANY flavor you want, 2 ingredients, it just doesn't get any better. :D

You are right Chuckie, I don't believe it! :wink:

I think I'll try it sometimes when I'm alone. Wouldn't want anybody to see me screw up perfectly good ice cream. :shock:

O.K wife says she'll try it.....if it don't work shes gonna kick MY butt, then I'm gonna kick YOUR butt :mad: :lol: :wink:

Chuckie,

Gonna try it for dessert Christmas, just picked up some self-rising flour just for the occasion. Sure does sound good!!! Will let ya know!!

My daughters are home for Christmas and they tried this. They were very skeptical. It worked great! :shock: We just had vanilla and I will pick up maple nut tomorrow. :D

Thank you & have a Merry Christmas.

FS It is not like a dessert. It is bread and one can play with flavors. I thought of swirling cinnimon in it or mashing a bannana with it. The loaf came out the size of bannana bread. The vannila came out like bread tasting like vanilla! :) Sounds like a poor report but as I am just a meat and potatoes kind of guy, I can't give you a gourmet style discription! :oops:
Hope everyone has happy and safe holidays!

:cry2: I have the self risin flour already, but no icecream.......... guess this might hafta wait for new years dinner, unless I can pick up a pint of icecream sometime this evenin.

Bet it would make some awesome vanilla french toast for breakfast.

I tried making the bread. It didn't raise like the bread I use to make(years ago) But it tasted good and the guys liked it and said I should make more. So thanks for the recipe.

As ya'll have probably noticed, the lil Christmas reindeer avatar is gone.
Hadda git me a Happy New Years one.......but that'n won't stay long.
Where do ya'll git most of your avatars?

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
As ya'll have probably noticed, the lil Christmas reindeer avatar is gone.
Hadda git me a Happy New Years one.......but that'n won't stay long.
Where do ya'll git most of your avatars?

\ Some of the avatars come from member profile avatar selection pages.

Latest posts