• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Imaginary friends

Help Support Ranchers.net:

nr

Reaction score
Heard this true story from a friend at church when she introduced me to her grown son.
When he was very little they moved to a farm far from any neighbors, and since his brothers were in school he had no playmates. He began talking to two imaginary friends: Paul who lived in his house and Frank who lived down in a culvert near the house!
Everyone in the family played along with his imaginary friends idea and had a good time. Then he added another imaginary friend he named Leon and said he thought Leon should come for lunch.
So his mother, thinking to encourage him learning the alphabet, said," Let's write a little invitation to Leon." He happily printed a note with her help.
She was cleaning the bedroom that day and heard a deep male voices in the kitchen. There in the kitchen she found two strange men with her son.
She learned that for many days her son who she thought was just playing outside was actually visiting with these two pleasant gentlemen who were putting up telephone poles in the area. One was named Leon. So they all had a good laugh and nice grilled cheese sandwiches.
(Her son, probably at ease talking with strangers) grew up to be a successful salesman.)

My cousin was the only kid I knew with imaginary friends. She called them Mrs. Murphy and Mrs. Tweedlebom. One day she fell down. She jumped up and in a very scared voice said, "MRS. MURPHY, MRS. TWEEDLEBOM, ARE YOU HURT?"

I always thought she was just nuts.

Faster horses said:
My cousin was the only kid I knew with imaginary friends. She called them Mrs. Murphy and Mrs. Tweedlebom. One day she fell down. She jumped up and in a very scared voice said, "MRS. MURPHY, MRS. TWEEDLEBOM, ARE YOU HURT?"

I always thought she was just nuts.

Sounds like a clever way to go thru life without any pain!

Latest posts