• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

In a Storm

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Northern Rancher

Reaction score
P1010971.jpg

This little Folland horse 'Buck Snort' frapped Ty pretty good yesterday-it gets better after this first pic.

Thrown clear out of the picture :???: :wink: :lol: That looks like a horse that a guy has to really ride close and tight and can't open up on....

Good pictures...

The way they judged the wild-card go in Calgary :???: :roll: AND if Ty was the judge's prospective son-in-law.... Ty would have won this rodeo!

They have some really encouragin sponsors at that arena.

And two drugstores.

:roll:

Great pictures of Ty.

And somethin I was wonderin. Lookin at that horses feet, Do they take buckin horses to the farrier? This'n don't look like he's seen a farrier in a long time LOL I was just curious.

Those horses probably got gathered out of the bush to come to the rodeo-some outfits will get a guy in with a tip table and do up their feet and cut the young studs etc but most live out their lives and don't have a buckin' worry in the world about their feet lol. A horse with good feet really doesn't need the attentions of a farrier too often any way. They probably paw out most of the winter so keep them worn down pretty good. Performance horses are different but when all you have to do is bawl and buck you can get by. OT he's quite the little eliminator-I'm sure you and his owner would get along great he's been raising broncs forever-old George treats the boys pretty good-always has a side pot going for them.

When I was in college- Jack Bloxham was buying a lot of horses down here- many that came out of the mountains and off the reservations...Be the same thing- wild horses- 4-5 year old studs- mares-colts- all sizes...And he'd haul the bucking prospects in to Solomons arena in Havre or the arena behind the old Great Falls Sales yard- and the rodeo team guys would go down and buck them out- then help him brand the ones he wanted to keep...

You could get on 5-10-15 horses a day- for a couple days- whatever your body could handle :shock: It made for several wild horse rides and wrecks...But it sure could teach a lot too...Larry Kane and Benny Reynolds showed up sometimes and would take one or two out-then they and the Solomon boys and Bloxham- and several others that stopped by would give everyone some help and some pointers..Good way to learn without having entry fees and a lot of travelling money on the line...

I had a hard time figuring out which dirction TY was in a couple of those shots..I'll bet he wondered too which way he was headin..lol Great Action Photo's!

That boy has sure got grit does'nt he.Does he ride bull's any more or just bronc'and bareback's.I could watch saddle bronc rideing all day long,bull rideing is'nt near as enjoyable kind of overdone in my book.Nothing better than a good bronc ride.

He's going to start riding bulls again to try and win the All Around-he almost won the KCRA finals last year in bulls-bucked off at 7.6 seconds. I'm trying to get him to start roping a bit-he's handy enough at it to place. It's more an entry fee issue deal-can only afford so many of them at each rodeo. He's going to ride Novice Pro next year and enter the open broncs in the CCA and LRA. I guess if you get on four head at a rodeo it's like entering four separate rodeos. He has a Junior A hockey camp on the 15th but I don't think he'll go-football starts on the 18th too. We just got in from fencing so reality does sneak in once in awhile-were heading to Canadian Finals in Williams Lake tomorrow. Megan heading off to college in ten days so might be last time were all together for awhile.

Denny said:
That boy has sure got grit does'nt he.Does he ride bull's any more or just bronc'and bareback's.I could watch saddle bronc rideing all day long,bull rideing is'nt near as enjoyable kind of overdone in my book.Nothing better than a good bronc ride.

You got it right :!: :!: :!:

Northern Rancher said:
He's going to start riding bulls again to try and win the All Around-he almost won the KCRA finals last year in bulls-bucked off at 7.6 seconds. I'm trying to get him to start roping a bit-he's handy enough at it to place. It's more an entry fee issue deal-can only afford so many of them at each rodeo. He's going to ride Novice Pro next year and enter the open broncs in the CCA and LRA. I guess if you get on four head at a rodeo it's like entering four separate rodeos. He has a Junior A hockey camp on the 15th but I don't think he'll go-football starts on the 18th too. We just got in from fencing so reality does sneak in once in awhile-were heading to Canadian Finals in Williams Lake tomorrow. Megan heading off to college in ten days so might be last time were all together for awhile.

We were down to 3 at home now were back to 5 seams the grass was'nt as green as they thought.

Latest posts