• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Incoming... Hereford bomb!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Hereford76

Reaction score
seems like anything "Hereford" ingites a $h!tstorm around here.

what a little rain does. might make a hay year yet.

2013a_zps5105806b.jpg

2013_zpsfac7a279.jpg

1040a_zps08c35c8f.jpg

1324_zps45e1daec.jpg

621g_zps2ded41a7.jpg

1003a_zpsd0f32e7a.jpg

811d_zps1e9628a6.jpg

727b_zpsaf3e7ca2.jpg

705a_zpsb3fd9d2e.jpg

466c_zps3ab358bd.jpg

800d_zps703a8ab7.jpg

6-6-2013a_zps26760cd3.jpg

6-6-2013c_zps06732738.jpg

4H6-7-2013_zpsb3b84561.jpg

4H6-7-2013a_zpsd585eaa5.jpg

I enjoy seeing pictures of Herefords, so keep 'em coming. Thanks for posting. They look great as does the green grass!

Ace, I am selfish. I wish a little drought on you, then I can trade you hay for some of those heifers!!

really like the looks of those cattle! I may need to vacation up that way some time.

Well no matter the breed of cattle, its nice to see them on some fine looking grass. Good luck with the rest of the year, and I hope you keep the rain coming.

Looks pretty good from here Hereford76! The grass looks good and the cattle better! My second cousin raises registered Herefords and just put a few heifers and a bull over the fence to our north. May have to go snap some pictures.

Hereford76 said:

No, most anything British gets a pass, It's those of us with more exotic (continental) strains that don't dare post pics of our cattle! :wink:

Those are some fine looking cattle, those calves are going to wean heavy, especially if your grass keeps looking like that! Thanks for sharing.

Silver said:
Hereford76 said:

No, most anything British gets a pass, It's those of us with more exotic (continental) strains that don't dare post pics of our cattle! :wink:

Those are some fine looking cattle, those calves are going to wean heavy, especially if your grass keeps looking like that! Thanks for sharing.

CHICKEN!!!! :p :D :D
I love cows of all colors, area codes and descriptions. Even your cross-bred goats. :lol: :lol: :lol: Quit being mild mannered and post some pics from the northern country. PLEASE!!!! :D

thanks guys.

jigs said:
Ace, I am selfish. I wish a little drought on you, then I can trade you hay for some of those heifers!!

really like the looks of those cattle! I may need to vacation up that way some time.

so 1 triple axle load with pup for 1 heifer?

gcreekrch said:
IMO, I would place the Hereford steer ahead of the baldy.

i do too. the hereford steer is early april and baldie early may. were hopin the baldie is going to finish by fair but he keeps growing frame. those black bulls i had were pretty much raw performance bulls. the hereford's parents were bred with a little different deal in mind.

Silver said:
No, most anything British gets a pass, It's those of us with more exotic (continental) strains that don't dare post pics of our cattle!

thanks silver. i sure hope they weigh up good this fall. the grass where i've got the commercial cows looks like it is going to brew up some soggy baldie calves this year.

say hopeful rancher - are you the fella i spoke with last fall on the phone?

ONE???? wow, I have dealt with some crooked guys in the hay business before, but this deal just may be the toughest to take yet LOL

jigs said:
ONE???? wow, I have dealt with some crooked guys in the hay business before, but this deal just may be the toughest to take yet LOL

:)

sorry about that hopeful rancher - he was from washington now that i think about it, but i think you posted some pictures that made me wonder.

3words said:
I like your herefords to! It's getting harder and harder to find decent quality herefords around here.

same around here. where in sask are you. just got home from a trip just north of moose jaw - pretty nice country!

Hereford76 said:
3words said:
I like your herefords to! It's getting harder and harder to find decent quality herefords around here.

same around here. where in sask are you. just got home from a trip just north of moose jaw - pretty nice country!

Not to far out of saskatoon.If i would have known you were that close,i would have got you to bring up a load of herefords for me.I tried finding 30 bred hereford heifers or even young hereford cows last fall and until mid winter to buy,and i just couldn't find them to buy.

So who is the bull calf in the 4th pic?

Bear's daughters are coming up. Need to look at a new bull.
That heifer bull we got from you is worth his weight in gold! The puller got dusty this spring. NO USE!!!!

Trying to convince daughter to get a registered heifer from you and do a breeding project. She is thinking about it.

Latest posts