• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

indectocide ripoff

Help Support Ranchers.net:

elwapo

Reaction score
I just priced the cost of ivomec here in Canada and south of the border in Havre Montana. We are at approximately $400.00 per five litre jug here . I can drive two hours to havre and buy the generic "Ivoron"(same active ingrediant) for $97.99 usd. There is a movement afoot in Canada led by the Veterenarians to restrict the own use importation of the unregistered drugs into Canada, even ones with the same ingrediants. The Canadian Cattlemans Assoc. has also backed this position..... they also say we should not treat our cattle with unregister drugs. At the same time Canada is importing beef from the U.S that may have been treated with this drug. What the hell is wrong with our country that allows the lobbyists to control us in such a way.

The retailers in Canada basically break even selling pour-ons so it is the manufacturer making all the profit. The CCA stance on this is hard to understand, backing the Pfizers and Merials over producers saving millions of dollars. The R&D costs on Ivomec and Dectomax have long since been recovered.

That is extactly what a rep from the UFA told me. Hr also said that they have no plans to introduce a cheaper generic. We are a small and relatively insignificant market.

elwapo- Get together with some neighbors and place an order thru Western Ranch Supply- they will deliver right to the border....Last time the area rep was up, he had the back of his pickup full of generic ivomec- met a group of Canadians in Opheim......If you are north of Havre you probably have to go thru the Great Falls store- I think my old buddy Dick Snellman is handling that area still--too bad they aren't letting any horses north now or he'd probably sell you a trailer load of those Loving U ranch horses, too :) :)

As a matter of fact we are heading to big R at Havre this afternoon. We had to book our purchase a week in advance due to the volume they are selling to canadians.

The SSGA has taken a stand against what CCA is pushing for. The Chair of the CCA health committee is a vet. Maybe a conflict of interest. Better get in imported before Sept 1 as I think that is when is is to be stopped.

The SSGA stand is that it is GENERIC not UNREGISTERED.

Big Muddy rancher said:
The SSGA has taken a stand against what CCA is pushing for. The Chair of the CCA health committee is a vet. Maybe a conflict of interest. Better get in imported before Sept 1 as I think that is when is is to be stopped.

The SSGA stand is that it is GENERIC not UNREGISTERED.[/quoteThanks BMR. I appreciate the stand SSGA has taken have their been any other provincial cattle orgs. take a similar stand?

elwapo said:
I just priced the cost of ivomec here in Canada and south of the border in Havre Montana. We are at approximately $400.00 per five litre jug here . I can drive two hours to havre and buy the generic "Ivoron"(same active ingrediant) for $97.99 usd. There is a movement afoot in Canada led by the Veterenarians to restrict the own use importation of the unregistered drugs into Canada, even ones with the same ingrediants. The Canadian Cattlemans Assoc. has also backed this position..... they also say we should not treat our cattle with unregister drugs. At the same time Canada is importing beef from the U.S that may have been treated with this drug. What the hell is wrong with our country that allows the lobbyists to control us in such a way.

When was the last time you made a large contribution to your legislator? :???:

Bill said:
Big Muddy rancher said:

The SSGA stand is that it is GENERIC not UNREGISTERED.[/quoteThanks BMR. I appreciate the stand SSGA has taken have their been any other provincial cattle orgs. take a similar stand?

I am not sure about other provincial orgs but Brian is getting home from CCA semi annual tonight so he should know more about it.

Just wondering where these the large coporate profits go? Do generic companies support or sponsor anything?

Do you think if Canada allowed the import and use by dairies of recombinant bovine growth hormone, the powers might change their minds about allowing in generic chemicals?

Ever heard of leverage? In this circumstance, I can say I am pleased with my government for keeping this GE hormone out of Canada.

Why they didn't keep MMT (replacement for lead in our fuel) out of the country too, is beyond me. It is banned or not used in 97% of the USA, but we use it everywhere. So, may I ask what does the USA use instead of lead and MMT? MMT is a manganese based chemical, which when burned, is inhaled, and tiny particles called polyclonal aromatic hydrocarbons, manganese, etc. go directly to our brains causing nerve damage.

Of course, we use cyclamates in our artificial sweeteners here in Canada, and yet they are banned in the USA.

There is no reason to all this, because it is all financial and political.

What is rBGH?
Recombinant Bovine Growth Hormone is a genetically engineered copy of a naturally occurring hormone produced by cows. Manufactured by Monsanto Company, the drug is sold to dairy farmers under the name POSILAC, though you'll also find it called BGH, rBGH, BST and rBST. When rBGH gets injected into dairy cows, milk production increases by as much as 10-15%. The use of rBGH on dairy cows was approved by the Food and Drug Administration in late 1993 and has been in use since 1994.

Latest posts