• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Inlaid seat

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Heel Fly

Reaction score
I borrowed my father in laws Shimons saddle to see if I wanted to buy one. I love it . However I noticed on the last two long rides that my sitting bones where sore(I'm used to all day rides so it wasn't the day) Yesterday we rerode one of 8sec pastures, by the end of the day if my horse moved wrong I was almost in tears. The only thing it could be is the stitching on the inlaid seat. Has anyone else had a problem with them. It doesn't bother me on short rides like 4-5hrs, It's the all day that got me. And today, WOW am I ever not looking forward to riding my colts :cry: :cry:

I couldn't comment on the inlaid seat really, but the shimon saddles I have sat in, felt like you were sitting on a rafter. :roll: In fairness, I have not really rode one of his saddles much, but they were so uncomfortable feeling to me, that I didn't think I could stand it. The groundseat was way to pointed for my taste.

I have read on here where some like his saddles, but I don't think I could.

We are with Tap on the Shimon saddles. Uncomfortable.

But Soapweed likes them and he rides alot. I wonder if there
isn't a difference in the tree or something.
We had a friend that had one and there was no way that saddle
fit a horse or her. She sent it back and he honored the return.
We did hear that he had some Mexicans and some College
kids helping him for awhile about that time and the saddles
weren't up to his usual standards. Perhaps you got one of those.

This one does fit my horse very well, and when I was just doing short rides around home it was great to ride. Yeah BMR this one doesn't have that pretty of workmanship and if I'm gonna pay 2300 it had better be pretty!!!

Heel Fly said:
This one does fit my horse very well, and when I was just doing short rides around home it was great to ride. Yeah BMR this one doesn't have that pretty of workmanship and if I'm gonna pay 2300 it had better be pretty!!!

Heel Fly maybe your just getting old and that;s why those longer rides hurt. :wink: :wink: :lol:

Yeah Yeah Yeah I hit 30 and it's like someone turned a switch or something. I do have a lot more aches and pains. Now instead of thinking boy that will be fun, I wonder how long I will hurt afterwards!!!
I have been out of town, that's why It took so long. We took the kids up to Museum of the Rockies and then to Yellowstone. Lots of fun, we got to be tourists, I don't recommend that part :lol: :roll:

Latest posts