• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Inspector General Audit on Jap Fiasco

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mike

Reaction score
Excerpt:

"We found that the enforcement of compliance with the BEV (Beef Export Verification) requirements broke down because the processes and documents used to communicate the specific plants and Japanese requirements for export to the field inspectors were insufficient and non-specific. In this case, neither the FSIS Consumer Safety Inspector nor the Supervisory Public Health Veterinarian were familiar with the Japan BEV program or understood their roles and responsibilities for signing and certifying export documents."

Neither the FSIS Consumer Safety Inspector nor the Supervisory Public Health Veterinarian were familiar with the Japan BEV program .Just LOOK the other WAY.

PORKER said:
Neither the FSIS Consumer Safety Inspector nor the Supervisory Public Health Veterinarian were familiar with the Japan BEV program .Just LOOK the other WAY.

Reminds me of one old USDA inspector we had at the local plant here years ago-- Took 2 or 3 two hour "smoke breaks" in his car everyday...Went thru 2 packs of cigs and a fifth of bourbon everyday--packer could drag anything in while the old boy was on break and he'd never know it....

I had thought he was the exception- now I'm getting to think he just fits the mold...

PORKER said:

You gotta wonder if they are getting paid to do their jobs or look the other way. Where does the buck stop?

Latest posts