• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

insure Angus bull

Help Support Ranchers.net:

scout

Reaction score
Bred my heifers to connelly insure heard rumor of shorter gestation wondered if anyone has had any experience with him

Gestation is NOT a perfect science in any breed, in any cow, on any day!!!

You can have a close idea of when....but never exact

My dad bred his heifers to him but we sold them after his crash as I don't have the facilities to take care of his and mine both. The Genex rep didn't say anything about it and said he has been one of their more popular Bulls. It also depends on what you think of as shorter. I think all of these extreme calving ease Bulls will bring calves "early" compared to a calving day chart. My heifers are red angus and I bred to redemption. Bred one day April 14. Had first calf on jan 9 then 2 more today with quite a few to come shortly I think. Jmo

He's finally making good progress now. He's had several oral surgeon visits as he had broke. The bone that your top teeth root into. Luckily they just drilled a couple screws in the back of his jaw and put some heavy wire on there and was able to crank the teeth back straight. Going to one of the appointments they went out to eat and he thinks he had some bad shrimp. He got sick that night and re cracked a couple ribs while throwing up. When they X-ray him the next morning his lung looked bad. They thought he had punctured it. So another flight back out to Denver. When he got there they drained almost a gallon of fluid out of his lung. Turns out not punctured but had been building up. So he had to stay there until no more drainage. Ended up there for 6 more days the second time. Was draining over 90 cc a day. He got home this past Wednesday and I can tell he's doing way better now. He went to church this morning for the first time since the crash so he was excited about that. :wink: He and mom never miss church so that was a big deal for him. He will definitely recover good just take a little longer. It aged him a lot he has lost 20 pounds and looks a bit rough.

3 M L & C said:
He's finally making good progress now. He's had several oral surgeon visits as he had broke. The bone that your top teeth root into. Luckily they just drilled a couple screws in the back of his jaw and put some heavy wire on there and was able to crank the teeth back straight. Going to one of the appointments they went out to eat and he thinks he had some bad shrimp. He got sick that night and re cracked a couple ribs while throwing up. When they X-ray him the next morning his lung looked bad. They thought he had punctured it. So another flight back out to Denver. When he got there they drained almost a gallon of fluid out of his lung. Turns out not punctured but had been building up. So he had to stay there until no more drainage. Ended up there for 6 more days the second time. Was draining over 90 cc a day. He got home this past Wednesday and I can tell he's doing way better now. He went to church this morning for the first time since the crash so he was excited about that. :wink: He and mom never miss church so that was a big deal for him. He will definitely recover good just take a little longer. It aged him a lot he has lost 20 pounds and looks a bit rough.

Happy to hear the worst is behind him and he is on the mend. Thanks for the update. He had quite a siege.

Have a couple of calves from him. Both heifers. One came about 1 week early and one a few days late (283 days). Both birthweights in the 70s from big cows.

For what its worth.

Farmgirl

farmgirl said:
Have a couple of calves from him. Both heifers. One came about 1 week early and one a few days late (283 days). Both birthweights in the 70s from big cows.

For what its worth.

Farmgirl
thanks

Latest posts