• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Interesting disclaimer

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
This has lately been posted at the bottom of the Forum Index page. It would hopefully not be necessary, but I suppose in this day and dorky age one cannot be too careful.

"Cattle Today, Inc. provides these forums for idea sharing, support and discussion. All posts express the views of the author of each individual message, and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cattle Today, Inc. and we cannot assume any liability for statements or information posted by the individual posters. Cattle Today, Inc. does not assume any liability for harm or damage done based upon the contents of a forum post. If you have livestock health problems, consult a veterinarian."

We live in interesting times. Common sense has become very antiquated and now seems to be a collector's item. :(

Soapweed you must have missed it but I noted the Disclaimer back on Dec. 1 on Bull session this is what I said'

"I see after you post there is a diclaimer that the veiws expressed are those of the poster and not Cattle Today. It also says for livestock medical problems consult a Vet. It should also say for political indecision consult a Republican."

:wink: :cowboy:

It is very sad but I feel things like this are a form of terrorism
- - - The main population must always act in a form of fear. It has gotten so bad you must always keep your butt covered.

If you do not cover your butt at all times you are in danger. And even if you do you still have problems.

I came home one day and found a neighbors horse in my stock trailer. I went to their home and could find no one home. Another neighbor told me they had gone to Florida for vacation.

I turned the horse out with mine. About a week later the horse was limping and I could not catch her. I could not contact the owners so I rounded up about 6 people to help and had the vet there as well. We could not catch her but the vet felt she would probably get better. She got worse and we tried again with about 10 good livestock people and could not catch her ( she was in a remote rough pasture).

The people finally came back from vacation ( after a full month) and I told them what was going on and they stated they would come with their young daughter who could catch her. They came a week after being told the situation and caught her. My vet came and treated the mare for a puncture wound to the left hind leg( I paid the vet bill). Advised she needed repeated antibiotics and exercise. They stated they were going to keep her off the leg to let it heal that the vet was not in touch with "their horse".

The horse died and I was sued - - - I won the case but it cost me about $3,000.00 to win - - - over a horse they bought for $150.00 at the sale barn.

Keeps your butt covered!!!!!

George said:
It is very sad but I feel things like this are a form of terrorism
- - - The main population must always act in a form of fear. It has gotten so bad you must always keep your butt covered.

If you do not cover your butt at all times you are in danger. And even if you do you still have problems.

I came home one day and found a neighbors horse in my stock trailer. I went to their home and could find no one home. Another neighbor told me they had gone to Florida for vacation.

I turned the horse out with mine. About a week later the horse was limping and I could not catch her. I could not contact the owners so I rounded up about 6 people to help and had the vet there as well. We could not catch her but the vet felt she would probably get better. She got worse and we tried again with about 10 good livestock people and could not catch her ( she was in a remote rough pasture).

The people finally came back from vacation ( after a full month) and I told them what was going on and they stated they would come with their young daughter who could catch her. They came a week after being told the situation and caught her. My vet came and treated the mare for a puncture wound to the left hind leg( I paid the vet bill). Advised she needed repeated antibiotics and exercise. They stated they were going to keep her off the leg to let it heal that the vet was not in touch with "their horse".

The horse died and I was sued - - - I won the case but it cost me about $3,000.00 to win - - - over a horse they bought for $150.00 at the sale barn.

Keeps your butt covered!!!!!

I don't understand- shouldn't they have had to cover your costs since you won??
What kind of a warped system do we have in this country anyway? Did they have a history of suing people? They sound like the type who might.
Actually, shouldn't they have been sued for negligence and not providing good animal care while they were away?

nr said:
What kind of a warped system do we have in this country anyway?

Isn't it a screwball system? When I shut down my business, I owed a company $2700 for some parts. I was about to pay them, until I got a notice from them stating that I owed them over $12,000. I talked to a lawyer who recommended that I pay nothing, as that could be construed as an agreement that I owe the full amount. So the company sued me. Long story, short: It was going to cost so much going to court to fight the lawsuit (which I would have easily won, since I had accurate records and they did not), and the court costs could not be recovered without an even lengthier court action, I finally ended up settling and paying them.

Totally rediculous. I think if you sue someone and lose, then you cover off ALL costs. It may make some of this crap go away.

Rod

I've been in court more times than I'm proud of, and anytime - IN CANADA - you win a case, your costs are covered by the loser. That's just part of the court action. When the action statements are written up by a lawyer, the last line in the terms of action goes something like:

All costs of legal counsel to be included in settlement...blah, blah, blah.

Every case I was in, it worked that way, win or lose. And when I lost, I had to pay immediately.

I was always under the impression that it worked that way, so I asked my lawyer about it. He said the most he's ever seen awarded in Saskatchewan was $1500, which wasn't even a drop in the bucket. Wonder if there is something different in Alberta at the provincial level?

Rod

I really think the loser should pay- - - and I thought in Canada they did - - not here.

In the states there is a sue mentality in many people. I feel it is due to some of the ridiculous settlements that make the news.

I closed down a business due to the lawsuits. I was being sued by two girls for sexual harassment ( my wife, son, daughter and niece all worked with me) and in pre trail mediation ( required in Indiana prior to trial) one of the girls was willing to admit that nothing had ever happened and that they had decided to lie as they were told how much they could get. But she would only put it in writing if I paid the legal bills she had incurred to that point. My insurance company paid her $5,000.00 and we got the whole thing in writing. I felt that would end it. NO way the other girl still went forward and their atty. stated that they would settle for $25,000.00 or take their chances. I wanted to fight with the admission from her buddy but my insurance settled rather than fight then canceled my insurance.

I closed 7 stores and dismissed over 30 loyal employees who did nothing wrong and were willing to testify the alligations were false. I hated to close but I feel a small businessman has a target on his back and so I'm back to the gravel pit with a handfull of employees and no females - - - sorry girls I know most of you are great honest people but once burnt twice shy.

George,
What a sad story! How did we let things get so bad here? And what is the remedy? What recourse do folks have? What a puzzle. :mad:

I don't think there is anything that can be done UNTIL we get rid of some of these lawyers. America has more lawyers per capita than any other country.

I can tell you for sure since we have been after our defunct contractor that the laws are not meant for the innocent. If they were, we would have no need for all these lawyers. The laws work on the side of the guilty.

There is no justice in our justice system*. He who has the most money wins.

*in most instances

Faster horses said:
I don't think there is anything that can be done UNTIL we get rid of some of these lawyers. America has more lawyers per capita than any other country.

I can tell you for sure since we have been after our defunct contractor that the laws are not meant for the innocent. If they were, we would have no need for all these lawyers. The laws work on the side of the guilty.

There is no justice in our justice system*. He who has the most money wins.

You got that right I had a guy stop payment on a truck bed said it puked diesel out when he was filling it up and got on his tennis shoe's.The bed was built as low as possible so he could load it easier I told him he may have to drive up on a block so it would take fuel better he was trying to get the bed for free.

Well at 2 am I show up in front of his house with a chain hoist and a cutting torch I cut all the mounting bolts and hooked up the chain's and removed it. Well he woke up and the police were called after a heated discussion the officer asked me what I was thinking I told him I was going to get my truck bed back or go to jail did'nt much matter being I had possesion of the bed it was mine for the taking.This crook was pissed I was up on the trailer chaining it down he come's up to me and say's he should come up there and kick my ass I told him the only thing stopping him was fear and common sense get past those come on up he never did.After that all his buddies Knew if you bought something here we take cash and plastic as long as it's wrapped around a stack of cash.

where do I go to get a permit to hunt lawyers???? I hear you can use an ambulance as a blind to shoot them..any truth to that?

That is the best sudgestion I have ever heard - - - I have a good friend that is an atty and while I like him over the years I have come to know to much and feel from talking to him and some of his buddies that most of them were honest people when they started out but over time most have lost thier morals.

Goes back to the old joke;

What do you call 10 lawyers with concrete overshoes at the bottom of a lake? A good start!

As time goes by, I feel that more and more individuals are going to have the uncomfortable experiences of "legal complications". A few of you have asked 'Where did we go wrong?" or "How did we let it get this way?" Well, Folks, the answer(s) are complex, but to put it as succinctly as possible - In My Opinion - it is because we have ignored our Political responsibilities - have 'allowed' Judges to "MAKE LAW INSTEAD OF INTERPRETING LAW!"

The United States of America has become a nation of Sissy's, Wimps Cowards and Weaklings! We MUST be FAIR to every half-baked, Ding-bat, Screwball Idea that some over-educated, limp-wristed, lazy, selfish, arrogant, brain-washed Left-Wing Liberal has figured out will get them an UN-earned stipend for sitting on their worthless be-nices and legally stealing from those of the rest of the population of the country who were too busy busting their be-nices making the dollars which sustained these leaches to realize what was happening to them until it was too late!! :mad:

Until WE get back to what the Founders of this country struggled to achieve with our Constitution, and to the principles of Liberty and Freedom and JUSTICE desired and worked for by our forefathers, and purge and unfoul our Judicial Benches of worthless and corrupting Judges, and eradicate about 85% of the Current Attorneys and Lawers in the Country, INCLUDING most of them in Congress - we will continue to decay from the inside because of apathy and unconcern, and "Don't give a be-nice Attitude!"

Too many citizens are comfortable and contented just to accept what some Liberal Politician, or Liberal Newspaper, or Liberal TV Network tells them because it is easier than thinking for themselves and using common horse sense! In the last 74 years, while our economy has advanced as well as our standard of living, our formal education level has deteriorated to the point that some College Graduates can hardly speak understandable English (or American), and some High School Grads CAN'T multiply, divide, add or subtract without a calculator! :shock:

THAT, my friends, is what has happened to our country, and if you think that it is going to get any better without our taking HOLD of our government AND politicians and cracking their heads against a block wall - - you are wrong! Won't happen! It is going to get worse if we allow the Animal Rights, Tree-Huggers, and Gotta' Be Fair, and LIBERAL ACLU Activists to continue to dictate and demand all the be nice, be nice, and be nice cra, (be nice) without our opening our eyes, standing up on our hind feet and opening our mouths and putting a stop to the lies and Satanic dishonesty that prevails every thread of our society today! :twisted: :twisted:

If any of you think that I am Ticked Off and Frosted over all this - - you are EXACTLY CORRECT, and I have been for many, many years!

DON'T GET ME STARTED!

DOC HARRIS

DOC HARRIS said:
If any of you think that I am Ticked Off and Frosted over all this - - you are EXACTLY CORRECT, and I have been for many, many years!

DON'T GET ME STARTED!

DOC HARRIS

For a moment there, I was beginning to think that we already had. :wink: :)

Another thing is that when someone gets out of line, most folks want to call the cops, or a lawyer, instead of going to the person and saying, look, you !@#$%^&*, if you do that again, I am going to kick your (to borrow from Doc Harris) be-nice. THEN DO IT!
A good example: a few years ago, one of my elderly mother's neighbors lost a board fence to a storm. The guy never kept his place up very well (She lives in a suburban neighborhood that grew up around her) and we eventually picked up his mess and tossed it onto his lot, since we didn't want to throw anything away that wasn't ours :) (yeah, right). The next day or so he started fixing the fence and we noticed he had put posts for a gate in that lead to my mom's driveway. We could never catch the guy at home, so we put up a low hitchrail (just two posts and a crossbar) with a NO TRESPASSING sign on it, facing his place. The next day, when mom's son in law was out mowing the place, that fella boiled up out of his house and asked what was the meaning of this 'unfriendly' behavior, and was the law going to be called on him if he put the gate up and drove acrost mom's place to use it. Son in law looked him dead in the eye and said. "Mister, I have never called the law on anyone in my life.'
Well, that poor excuse for a neighbor got the message, and the next day took down the gate posts and put up a solid wood fence.
So in short, if people stand up for themselves and don't look to the law or courts to do it for them, and those that are un-nice learn there are consequences to their actions ... problem solved.

Latest posts