• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Introducing myself...

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Fireweed

Reaction score
Hey all,
I have been watching ranchers grow for a year or so, and decided to join today! What can I say, it's a cool windy day in Wyoming, so a computer break was in order :wink:

My husband and I live in central Wyoming. We are both from ranching families, however we both have parents that sold the family ranches. So we went to college, met, fell in love... and now we raise a colt and a calf or two a year, on top of hunting, camping and all that good stuff.

So we bought a little rural property for our critters, and cowboy for the neighbors when we can, which makes for busy weekends sometimes. But it keeps the horses in shape and we get to feel like we are still involved! In my spare time I work at my local soil & water district, and hubby still works in ag, too.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!
~Fireweed

Welcome Fireweed! I read here a lot more than I post. I had the pleasure of meeting some of these fine folks and our gracious host Macon and Mrs Macon in Deadwood this fall. We look forward to hearing more from you! :D

Greetings, Fireweed, from the great ranching state of
DE :lol:

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
We got us a

Soapweed

now a Fireweed...

who wants to be a goatweed.....or pigweed??? hehehe

Welcome to the board Fireweed.

(oops edit....forgot locoweed and bitterweed)

I think big dummie has the locoweed pretty much covered :D ............good luck

Thanks for the warm welcome! I promise I will stay out of the Political Bull-I get enough of that at work... :wink:

I guess we live more west-central than central Wyoming. Near the Wind River Mountain Range, about 50 feet from the reservation. It is really beautiful, and like our state slogan says "like no place on earth".

Jersey_lilly: you might want to add my all time favorite: BINDWEED. Maybe we could save that one for my hubby LOL

Fireweed said:
Thanks for the warm welcome! I promise I will stay out of the Political Bull-I get enough of that at work... :wink:

I guess we live more west-central than central Wyoming. Near the Wind River Mountain Range, about 50 feet from the reservation. It is really beautiful, and like our state slogan says "like no place on earth".

Jersey_lilly: you might want to add my all time favorite: BINDWEED. Maybe we could save that one for my hubby LOL

Hmmm, we do have a ragweed, won't mention names. Haymaker and I were once accused of growing weed to sell. Welcome and hope you post pictures, I like to see different parts of the world from the comfort of home. We (well some of us) play poker on Thursday, well some of us play every couple of nights, it relaxes FH. I personally think she has a gambling problem. Once she figured out the big money she was hooked. So if you need the site to sign up and play with us let us know. :)

Rancher, thanks for the invite, but I am crappy at cards! My mom always told me I didn't have a good poker face :p

OK, here is one of my favorite places to trail ride. Once you get past the hikers, that is!

DSC00551.jpg

This is a photo taken by my brother-wish I could take credit for it. But it is also a nice place for a Sunday ride.

canyon_rim.jpg

Welcome fireweed. Wyoming certainly is beautiful country. We used to holiday down there when I was a kid, every 2 years we'd spend a couple weeks driving through Montana and Wyoming. Anybody with ranchin in their blood couldn't drive through those states w/o feeling at home.

Look forward to talkin to ya some more. :)

Latest posts